Growing number of memorial partakers explained(?) by local elder

by stillin 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KillerJones
    KillerJones

It is very clear from this overlapping graph below on memorial partakers. Any 'real' JW understands this...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I love the way the paragraphs spoke of anointed that sin, but could still be anointed if they repent!

Huh??

That used to be one explanation the org used to account for new partakers remember? "These are REPLACEMENT anointed"

Now that excuse is shot too!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB must be getting ready for a public show of repentance! LOL!! Perhaps Gerrit Loesch is MIA because he's taking acting lessons!?! Jimmy Swaggert time!!!! LOL!!!

DD

• freddo
    freddo

Yup the May 1st 2007 WT QFR opened the floodgates when it was explained that the old light of 144000 sealed in 1935 (except those dope smoking fornicating old folk that needed replacing) ain't necessarily so.

And up the numbers go ...

Until either we get new brighter brightest light saying all these newbies are whackjobs (who knew?) or the 144,000 is symbolic (like virtually every other number in Revelation) or we've decided not to publish the numbers anymore because even you lot can see through it all.

• freddo
    freddo

@KillerJones

Very Good!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I was thinking too, that it is just a case of percentage numbers!

Those partaking will be a small percentage of actual witnesses....now, with the numbers of witnesses increasing, the percentage remains the same, yet the numbers rise...get what I mean?

Lets say it is %1 of witnesses who partake.....well, %1 of 8 million is more that %1 of 200,000....

Anyway...it's all semantics......

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The elder knowingly acknowledged the growing number and pointed out that of course, now we understand why this is so... He said yes that it has to do with the overlapping generations....

does anybody here have a clue what he was talking about?

The only thing I can conclude is that he's drawn the conclusion (and a very reasonable one) that all "new light" is the opposite of "old light". It used to be that "generation" meant only 1 generation. The new light is a complete contradiction that it means multiple generations. Similarly, the old light was that the anointed would decrease until armageddon, so the new light must be that the anointed will increase until armageddon.

In any case, from now on I'd quote this brother whenever the subject of memorial partakers comes up: "Br. So-and-so said that the growing number of anointed partakers at the memorial is because of the overlapping generations." Then watch and see how others react.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    In any case, from now on I'd quote this brother whenever the subject of memorial partakers comes up: "Br. So-and-so said that the growing number of anointed partakers at the memorial is because of the overlapping generations." Then watch and see how others react.

Something tells me the reaction would be "that makes sense!" Doubts are too costly to these people, so they'll latch on to any half-baked explanation for something that would otherwise cause doubt.

• pontoon
    pontoon
    Should have said show me that in the bible.
  • sir82
    sir82

Huh. We had a comment at our Watchtower that the number of anointed is decreasing - "only 14,000 last year!"

Reminded me of "1984", when the government announced it would increase the weekly ration of chocolate from 50 grams to 30 grams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit