I'm a bad American

by Bendrr 113 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Once again Seeker, you resort to waving red flags, when someone dosen't see it your way.

Appologize for the obvious, no I don't think so. Why is it that when people stick their necks out, and make statements on a public forum, they are so ready to take offense, when someone calls their statements into question? Not even thick skin, no tolerance for the least bit of critique.

Danny
    Saving appologies, for when they really count class.

• teejay
    teejay

Finding the best thing about this thread has been difficult, but I'm convinced that for me it is that Julie publicly announced that she agreed with Bigboi.

Now I've seen it all. How I love Sundays! Oh happy day.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ps: Ken Hamblin's program is syndicated in almost every state in the union. I would have presumed (shame on me) that you would have concluded that since he has such a popular program (albeit most of his audience is white) that there are many blacks, who may also subscribe to his way of thinking. Guess you couldn't make the leap.

DB

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Tj,

You must be a masochist.

Seeker,

Wrong, I don't have to "deal with it", I will continue to comment as I see fit, to any post, any subject, I choose. Thank you very much.

DB

• bigboi
    bigboi

Dannybear:

I would also say that Clarence Thomas is very unpopular in the Black community. JC Watts is a US Representative from Oklahoma and I think he may enjoy some popularity in his hme state. I don't know enough about his policies to form an opinion on him. I think he is a moderate Republican Conservative. However, I think JC Watts is more of a token, Clarence Thomas is a straight up Tom, no doubt about it.

To Rhett and Jelly:

I think you guys are missing the point as far as the article is concerned. The real point is how white males came to dominate the society to the exclusion of women and minorities (particularly blacks).

ONE.....

bigboi

Murder is a tough thing to digest. It's a slow process and the WTBTS's got nuthin but time.

• mommy
    mommy
    I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

I liked most of what he wrote. He sounds like he is a hard working man who values this country. And he has every right to say what he said, nah I don't think he is a bad American. I think he is opininated, and willing to say what is on his mind, because he can.

I have been thinking lately what I am. Seeker said he is all over the board, liberal and conservative, and I think I fall into that category as well. I also have no problem expressing my opinion, for that is my right. If you don't agree, that is your right as well.

Let me share with you a silly thing that happened and ultimatly tried to ruin my Turkey Day. My brother in law and Tom went to the grocery store and while standing in line, they were discussing Osama bin Laden. Now neither one of these guys is the brightest lightbulb, and truth be told they probably couldn't even tell us if Osama is in Afghanistan or Pakistan(well I guess no one knows where he is). I do not know what exactly was said, but something along the lines of he needed to be killed.

The clerk at the counter was a witness to the whole incident and I spoke to her after it happened. While they were talking a man walked up to them from 2 lanes over and punched Tom in the face. He asked before he punched him, "Are you talking about me?" Now why on earth this man would walk into a private conversation and start throwing punches is beyond me. Trying to see his viewpoint as well, obviously he was angered by something they said. And perhaps he is angered by the many comments he has heard about Osama. Maybe he snapped, I dunno.

Now the clincher is my brother in law was arrested for a hate crime, $1500 or 3 months in jail. He first of all was not even talking to the guy, and he never threw the first punch. There was not only the clerk, but the store manager who witnessed it. But due to the new legislation, you aren't even able to have a private convo within ear shot of someone who might be offended.

I say Give me a break! This is the craziest thing I have ever heard of. I personally can see if they walked up to this man taunting him, or followed him around, etc. This was not the case, because neither one of them would do anything like that. Both have friends of different nationalities, and how many people have said Osama needs to die? Way back when, if you physically attacked someone you were the one put in jail.

I say let's get back to real. Teach our children the best we can, they are our future. But stifling our private conversations is a bit much and crosses a line, a line that never should be drawn. I can only imagine what the next few years will bring if this is the type of laws, that are being passed now.
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Big,

I really don't have a clue as to the current black definition of an 'uncle tom'. I know that those who have been identified as such are the likes of OJ Simpson, Ken Hamblin, even Bryant Gumbel if Iam not mistaken.

I think that in just the recent past few months, some of the former almost self appointed champions of black issues; Jessie Jackson, Farakan and few other's have lost some of their luster with the black community. Correct?

From what I can see, it is the result of the words and work of many white and black conservatives, that are turning heads. Many blacks I talk to on political matter's are not so sure, that the democrates, have all the answer's, as was once the case. Many are seeing that it is easy to give lip service, but a whole different aspect to really do something about the issues.

That is why I belive more and more black and white's are turning to the conservative side. To many year's of creating a false dependence on government to solve problems. People, solve problems, not new law's and policies. I really believe that we the american public at large, is better educated, more tolerant of differences than we have ever been. It is on this base, not some policy, law or directive, that will turn the tide of rank racisim. For the first time in our history we stand ready and able to get past, all the 'special interests' and become a 'united we stand' nation. Now more than ever.

Danny

• bigboi
    bigboi

Dannybear:

I think ppl in general are tired of the status quo. I would probably be a Republican if I saw more ppl like me on ALL levels of the Party. It's not enough to put some ppl in high profile positons to show them off and try to give this impression that u are now willing to be inclusive. Let Republicans come up with innovative ideas in government that puts investment capital back into Urban communities and educational centers and I'd be more than willing to support their candidates. As far as I know the Democrats are the only ones interested in that part of the country. Yet, as always things can and will change.

ONE....

bigboi

Murder is a tough thing to digest. It's a slow process and the WTBTS's got nuthin but time.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ps Big,

I also wanted to comment on your idea that 'white men have dominated' the board rooms.

I don't care what country you visit, you will probably find those in power politicaly or industrialy have some ties to the founding father's of that particular country, area, region. It is almost a given if you visit any African country, you will find black leader's and industrialists (except for South Africa...and that is changing).

Why is it so difficult to visualize what actually transpired in America? How many blacks were even available or could speak the english language, when the founder's wrote the declaration of independence or our national constitution. There were a few educated blacks at that time...but to few to make an impact.

It really was not until the the late 60's that educational opportunities even opened for US blacks, I think in the few short years since that happened, there has been a good showing of blacks now taking the lead, with many more to come.

So my point is, our culture and history is made by who went before us, those who did pioneer, explore and settle this land we call America, should not be held in disripute, just because they were white. Reality is often hidden by wishful thinking, that dosen't change one iota the facts.

Danny

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I find interesting the inverse snobbery sometimes displayed by the conservative elements of the population.

It's like, to ignore multiculturalism, forget the past, step over beggers on the street, and support an idiotic legal system is seen as trendy and clever.

The worst example seem to elevate ignorance and isolationism to almost exemplary behaviour.

The original item posted seemed to exemplify this in part.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit