I'm a bad American

by Bendrr 113 Replies latest jw friends

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

A little bit of offense from me:
    I read recently of one of our numerous welfare, baby makers: #18 just popped out, several sperm-donors spread amongst all of the kids, she won't get the tubes tied......
    Paid for by you and I. All too common in the wonderful land of excessive private 'rights' that makes the 'common good' a farce. I can barely afford the two young adults that I fathered, both financially and spiritually.
    Then when some of the 18 get in trouble it will be the fault of 'the system'. If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny. How about as "strike three and your out" law for welfare moms? Mandatory operation!

Rex

• jelly
    jelly

Actually I agree with 75% of the original posting. Let’s break it down.

1. Government is inefficient and most of our tax money is wasted on ‘pork’ less taxes tend to be conducive to a better business environment, therefore people should be able to keep more of what they earn.

2. Appearing compassionate I have no opinion on.

3. Toy guns and Prozac I agree totally with that line

4. Homeless for mental illness we need to as a nation care for these people; homeless for drug abuse or bad life decisions is simple not my problem and I don’t feel obligated to help these people.

5. I agree being a minority does not make you a victim or noble. However you should be tolerant of others that are different, this tolerance is expressed in allowing them to be different and NOT accepting their values as you own.

6. I agree with the kawanza thing, your choice if you want to do it. It’s my choice to choose not to.

7. I would not move to Germany and expect everyone to speak to me in English why should people move here and expect people to speak to them with their native language. The lunatic left always places racial connotations on this concept it’s a way for them to avoid dealing with the argument. It just makes sense when you move to a foreign county to live you must speak the language if you don’t you will be at a grave disadvantage in the work place.

8. Cops should shoot only when threatened. This is actually a very complex issue.

9. I agree that affirmative action is crap. Telling a white man he cannot have the job solely because he is white is simple discrimination. Just another type of racism. I am unaware of any special loans or grants for immigrant; this does not mean they don’t exist I just an unaware of them.

10. The Taco Bell dog was funny; the majority of Latinos found the Taco Bell dog funny. Political correctness is just a euphemism for the new thought police it is way out of hand.

11. Fireworks yes!!! People need to be responsible for themselves and not create all these laws that exist to protect us from ourselves.

12. Ozzy doesn’t kill people. People kill people.

13. I don’t want to see anyone mess with the constitution either. Out of curiosity what would you all like to see changed?

14. White people living today are not responsible for slavery. It was not our sin sorry you are going to have to find some other reason for your problems. Interesting the people that are so caught up with the ‘slavery issue’ in America do not seem bothered by the slavery that exist currently in the Sudan and many parts of Africa.

15. I am a Democrat and Supported Gore. I hate the lunatic left they make the whole Democratic Party look bad. Its dumbasses like Barbara Lee that is going to get Pat Buchanen elected president.

16. None criminals should be allowed to own guns. Not machine guns or rocket launchers but guns for hunting or home protection. This is another issue that some common sense would be nice. What is wrong with a waiting period to buy guns? Does anyone really need a pistol immediately and if so what for?

17. Hate crime legislation is a complex issue. Actually minorities can get tried with a hate crime against white people too; the law runs both directions. My problem with this law is that it is a step towards making thought a crime. Also like the three strikes law it can be abused. Case in point let’s say after September 11 a Muslim was spit on by a non-Muslim what should the punishment of the crime be? If the non-Muslim is tried as standard assault then probably no jail time if it is tried as a hate crime the perpetrator could spend a few years in prison.

18. Dr. Suess is a genius

What I do not agree with is the way many people on this board and in America today only have the ability to respond to people through their own prejudices. I did not see anything in this post that would label some one a racist. Granted some harsh words on welfare but KKK no. More and more I see free speech being strangled in America because when people do not like what the other side says they simple throw slurs at them. Both Republicans and Democrats are guilty of this as well as people on the left and right. Because someone disagrees with you it does not make him or her a nazi, KKK member, or a communist.

So I am going to say even with only a 75% agreement rate I thought this was a good post bender thank you.

Jelly

Political correctness is the enemy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'd bet large american dollar that Dr. Suess would've pegged this guy as an asshole.

ps, jelly, this pretty much assures us that the writer is a racist--

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that's fine; I just don't feel like everyone else should have to.
    Such an off the wall comment, w/ zero relation to his topic "bad american", could only come from a racist asshole. How 'bout just "bad person"? Maybe that is what he really means.
  • jelly
    jelly

SixOfNine

How on earth does not celebrating Kawanza make you a racist? There is no logic in that assertation sixofnine. None at all. The whole posting was a wide range of statements varying from Kawanza to fat free turkey. Because he mentioned turkeys should I assume that this means he hates turkeys.

Jelly

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Jelly, did I say or even suggest that not celebrating kwanzaa would make someone a racist? No I did not. However, as I explained, his off the wall comment assures me that he/she is a racist. In other words, what the fuck does his not celebrating kwanzaa have to do with his topic? Perhaps it is the kind of comment you would throw out at dinner for conversation? If so, I wouldn't expect you to understand or see the logic.

As for his turkey comments, I just assumed he was a dumbass redneck who will end up a burden to society due to his meat choices. I'll likely end up in the same hospital. Ah freedom! I also assumed he was trying to be funny.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Jelly, I have to disagree with you homeless mental illness statement...a majority of people that abuse drugs and are homeless is because they have a mental illness. and most of the people that just make bad life decsions, made those decsions because they have a mental illness....

• Flip
    Flip
    Not sure of the original writer…

Perhaps a myopic visionary with a rather tasteless funny-bone?

Flip

• bigboi
    bigboi

What get's me about ppl who make posts like this is they forget the position their ancestors were in when they came to this country. How many of their first generation immigrant ancestors spoke perfect english? How many government and state sponsored programs did they benefit from back in the late 19th and early 20th centuries that helped them to get the footing they needed to get their part of the American dream? All this shows that the person who wrote it is ignorant. Period.

ONE....

bigboi

Murder is a tough thing to digest. It's a slow process and the WTBTS's got nuthin but time.

• jelly
    jelly

WonderWoman,

I don’t think you disagree with me I think you misread what I wrote. If someone is Homeless due to mental illness then the nation should take care of them. I think it’s our responsibility as a people. However if someone is homeless solely due to his or her own bad decisions, drugs, lazy, etc. I feel no responsibility to them.

SixofNine,

That is exactly what you said. You pasted his quote on not celebrating Kawanza as proof that the writer is a racist, you mentioned the reason for this is the seemingly disjointed way the line flowed with the rest of the piece. My point was that the whole piece was simply a series of off topic lines on a variety of subjects the common theme were things that irritate the author. I find it interesting that people do not feel Muslims or Jews are racist for not celebrating Christmas but somehow white people are racist for not celebrating kawanza. I think this is what the author was trying to say and it is not racist.

Bigboi

My success and failures in my life have nothing to do with my ancestors and neither does yours. As for the government programs that helped us white English speaking folk when we first immigrated here quite simply there were none, well there was free land in the west you might starve but it was free. Granted things were different and some government programs are necessary it is ignorant to blame the current conditions of any immigrant community on slavery or any issues that happened over 100 years ago.

Jelly

• bigboi
    bigboi
    My success and failures in my life have nothing to do with my ancestors and neither does yours.

You know it ain't that black and white. I'm not talking about individuals.

As for the government programs that helped us white English speaking folk when we first immigrated here quite simply there were none, well there was free land in the west you might starve but it was free.
    English-speaking white folk with Engish speaking immigrant ancestry currently make up about 22% of this nation's population. Again, I was speaking about all the one's who ancestors did not speak English. Most present day American's ancestors did not, regardless of their ancestry. Yeah you're right all u got was FREE land in the West. Not too many starved or I reckon they would've stayed where they were.

Granted things were different and some government programs are necessary it is ignorant to blame the current conditions of any immigrant community on slavery or any issues that happened over 100 years ago.
    I agree. I also think it is equally ignorant to think that the past has no effect on the future. That is in effect what ppl are doing when they claim that opportunity denied a group of ppl cannot affect their posterity.

ONE....

bigboi

Murder is a tough thing to digest. It's a slow process and the WTBTS's got nuthin but time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit