I'm a bad American

by Bendrr 113 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I remember if I ever agreed with Jan on something (on old h20) I was one of "Jan's fans". If I ever write anything which might agree with Alan F. he is my "mentor" and now, for agreeing with Seeker I am a "groupie". But again, since I agree with bigboi--kudos all around!! Amazing.

Julie : Jan = fan

Julie : Alan F = Mentor

Julie : Seeker = Groupie

Julie : Bigboi = ?????? ?? ??? ????????

Six- questions that don't need answers class

ps. How dare you call me extreme, Xena. What are you, some kinda racist feminazi?

Expecting people who move here from other countries to learn the language, does that make one a racist?
    I guess to my mind, hearing that statement from anyone who hasen't moved to a foriegn country and learned a new language doesn't make them racist, but I really wonder if they have thought this through. I do hear it quite a bit however. I'm always impressed by the bravery shown, even if it is bravery born of desperation, of poor immigrants.

Not feeling guilty every day because someone of my same ethnic orgin over a hundred years ago enslaved someone of another ethnic orgin, does that make one a racist?
    Nah, probably not, but then, have you ever really met anyone who actually felt GUILT over the actions of their distant forefathers??? I mean honestly, we hear that word bandied about in this context a lot, but I've never met anyone who, at least as far as I could tell, felt actual GUILT over the slave issue. Having said that, many people, in a perfect world, all people, would feel BAD over the slave trade. It is not a pretty period in history, and if fucked a lot of people. I say go ahead and feel bad when you think about it, it'll keep you human. You'll feel better in the morning.
  • Xena
    Xena

Morning Sexy...I mean Sixy

lol well racist faminazi...that is a first for me! At least it is a change from slut/bitch! You are cute six in an extremist kind of way

On the language thing..my mom's family immigrated here from Czech (don't ask me to spell it out and feel free to discriminate against me for my lack of spelling skills) and somehow they managed to learn the language, teach it to their children and still perserve their heritage in the process...seems to me that if they could do it...well you know possibly others could to??? I have worked with a great many Spanish speaking people and the majority of them have shown NO DESIRE to learn English. I lived in Spain for several years and in Mexico...never expected people to learn English for me...it was nice when they did know it..but I tried to learn their language because I was in their country. I have lost a lot of my language skills thru disuse but apparently I better hone up on them because in this day and time it is hard to get a job anymore if you are not bilingual!

Why should you feel guilt for something your forefathers did??? You had no control over their actions...you can feel sorry for the effects and do everything in your power to see that something like that is never allowed to happen again in YOUR lifetime...but guilt over something you had no control over???

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I've always wanted to learn spanish, but never took any courses. I want my daughter to learn spanish as well. I am about to start lessons for her, at a cost of 45.00 per hour. Hopefully I can get a few other filthy american pig dogs motivated to enroll their children as well in order to split the cost, cuz honestly, I can't afford it. I know, I know, I should just use a teaching software program, but you haven't seen this instructor. Can you say "Buenos dias caliente madre"?

• Andee
    Andee

Six,

It's not "Buenos Dias, Caliente Madre"

It's Buenos Dias, Madre de Caliente!

Andee
    Who got straight A's in spanish in high school and lived in Central Cali for 8 years.

• Julie
    Julie

Damn funny Six, damn funny.

Julie

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Andee, I've been corrected on that before, lol. It's just that it has such a nice flow off the tongue, along with a certain oaf-ish "self taught" quality about it that latinas seem to get a kick out of. So I keep milking it.

Julie, quit stalking me.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Mommy!

>Now the clincher is my brother in law was arrested for a hate crime, $1500 or 3 months in jail. He first of all was not even talking to the guy, and he never threw the first punch. There was not only the clerk, but the store manager who witnessed it. But due to the new legislation, you aren't even able to have a private convo within ear shot of someone who might be offended.
    I say Give me a break! This is the craziest thing I have ever heard of. I personally can see if they walked up to this man taunting him, or followed him around, etc. This was not the case, because neither one of them would do anything like that. Both have friends of different nationalities, and how many people have said Osama needs to die? Way back when, if you physically attacked someone you were the one put in jail.

This is the end result of the 'politically correct' dogma we have been fed by the liberal media for years. We now have 'thought crime', looming on the horizon and the reality will be like Orwell's '1984'.
    I hope that there were counter charges filed.
    Our government is at war and it is trying to kill anyone involved in terrorism who will not voluntarily go to trial, Rumsfield said old Osama dying would be welcome. I hope your guys fight this thing, if the ACLU is too 'correct' to do it try the American Center for Law and Justice.
    Rex

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hey Bigboi,
    Why would anyone 'invest capital' in neighborhoods where the local, million dollar, taxpayer built, housing doesn't last thirty years because of out and out abuse by the residents?
    Or because the residents like to systematically break in, rob or burn down everything that is not secure as Fort Knox?
    Ask the poor shop keepers who lose their butts when the locals decide to riot because some hooligan got well-deserved justice?
    It's time for people to start taking responsibility for their life choices and quit tearing down the people who leave the misery behind with hard work and dedication.
    Rex

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Oh, oh oh!!!!!
    I got a good one!

Julie agrees with Rex,

Julie = Fundy? LOL

Nope, Julie agrees with Rex,

Julie = in love with Rex.
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Rex

• bigboi