Some questions about WT sources

by witnessgirl 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

irrelevant points strung together in a completely unimpressive way.

• james_woods
    james_woods

If this is not stopped immediately, I will PM both BTS and Hillary Step to engage a properly senseless debate on the subject.

Back on topic, an excellent thread almost ruined by a bad post and a mis-understanding.

The deal here is that the WTBTS actually embraces the concept of intellectual dishonesty - so long as it serves their immediate purposes.

I think that probably one of the most dishonest of the "scholarly deep things" the society has ever published was the old "Creation or Evolution" book. In particular, the area that dealt with Carbon 14 dating was so deceptive as to make Charlie Manson look like a patriot.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks james_woods,

Is there a list that someone has assembled of this sort of deception. Wife is at the assembly now, and trying to come up with seeds that I can drop that may cause her critical thinking to kick in, thinking for herself with a desire to really figure out the truth!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I would just guess that Blondie might come the closest to having such a list.

I got rid of all my JW paraphernalia early on in the parting of the ways - but if you could lay hands on that "Creation or Evolution" book - it is simply filled with examples of the deception.

It was about the size of the "truth" book, but hard-bound in a lighter blue color, IIRC.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife has a copy of the insight book given her by the pesky sister, how about in that?!?!

• witnessgirl
    witnessgirl

Have you seen material where scholars who have been quoted by the Watchtower are shown their out-of-context quotes and react with shock or disgust? I kind of vaguely recall having seen a video like this years ago. I've seen things like this in print, too.

EDIT: Here is a direct link to misquotations in the Creation book, if you're looking for it:

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/misquotations-in-creation-book.html

Be aware that there are two Creation books, and that both are blue. One of them, the older one, was about the size of the Truth book (192 pages), as james_woods noted, and the newer came in two sizes, identical to the two sizes that the Live Forever book came in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit