post - df experience

by Solace1998 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

it was a shock to many when i was df'ed --

but i found afterwards, many did not want to obey the arrangement... one sister cornered me at a local supermarket, and made sure everything was okay with me, and if i ever needed someone to talk to, that she and her hubby were available...

there is more to this, but another sister i worked with was quite ardent about talking to me about much more than just work

one sister asked for guitar lessons for her son

and when i moved back to my first congregation, an old friend and ex-girlfriend pioneer witness tried to talk to me on the phone, which i denied, and then she continuously asks about me to her non believing brother (who i am good friends with)

Of course, to those 2 or 3 people that knew the HORRIBLE sin i was accused of, i was already disfellowshipped, and i guess they made their own arrangement, 2 months before i was even in a committee meeting, as i was pushing my dead car up a snowy driveway by myself, they kept walking even though i was looking right at them, huffing and puffing

oh, poor me.

hehe

• heybaby
    heybaby

I would have helped you push your car!! :)

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

hehe thanks.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I guess that some people can't find it within themselves to go against human nature and decency and shun perfectly good people.

It's good to hear that these kind exist.

• iceguy
    iceguy

Solace those that spoke to you and had concern for you are Christ like...they know in their hearts this is what Jesus would want them to do.

Those that shun you and would not help you push your car are doing what Satan would want them to do.

If they would just read the bible and not the WTS literature they would know shunning is not scriptual. Even the WTS said excommunication was pagan...of course that was before they decided to practice disfellowshipping...I guess "New Light" changed and it was not pagan anymore.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

what about the scriptures and reasonings used by the WTS to show it is scriptural (corinthians, john, etc)

i mean, a guy was put out of the corinth congregation no?

and then basically it said not to say a greeting to those ... what was it? not teaching the christ?

i dont think its right either... im just wondering.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

There was a surprisingly leanient article on disfellowshipping in the 1974 Aug 8 Watchtower. But that has long been "corrected".

• LeHarlot
    LeHarlot

Missing Link- How long did it take you to read that book? I just received it in the mail- it's huge!

• dawg
    dawg

That sounds "hate filled" to me solace... You don't agree?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I got about half way thru and put it down about a month ago. It's slow going. He does manage to very thoroughly rip apart all of the JW false teachings. Removes any lingering doubt. I'll finish it some day. Or maybe not. I've read more this year than all of my 37 years previously combined I think. Getting a bit burnt out and ready to move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit