Mom's prayer was answered . . ?

by MissingLink 10 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Our little boy had to have a minor medical procedure. His grandma rang the next day and said "I prayed that he would get thru it OK. Jehovah obviously answered my prayer".

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Mystery?

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

We are NOT supposed to believe in Faith-Healing !!!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

what narrowmindedness, sadly if he hadn't survived she'd have something to say about that too.

they never know when to shutup and leave things alone. So she is saying God answers her prayers, well what about the billions of prayers said to God and God doesn't have an answer we would like.

sheesh.

I am glad your liitle one is a okay.

love Orangefatcat

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

This sort of thing always made me uncomfortable. The idea that god would pick people now and then to answer their prayers - like a lottery. If it's not random, and everyone gets an equal shot, then he's choosing NOT to help quite a lot of people.

To make a lame prayer, and use the obvious result to boost your faith seems crazy. Or is this just giving god a gimmie. He's pretty busy, he deserves an easy one now and then. I'm going to pray that the submit button below works. If you can see this message, then my prayer was obviously answered. There must be a god.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Oh well, thats what Gramma's do best pray and dote.

Just over look it, in one ear out the other....you won't convince her otherwise.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Yea, I just ignored it. Only thing that really makes me uncomfortable with this is that the kids hear this stuff.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh well, thats what Gramma's do best pray and dote.

Yes that is what Granny's do. But I am a Granny, I prayed & doted on my Alan, Faith,Melanie, But they all died...... I cant answer why, But I do believe that in the end WE will all know what God is really doing. I still cant get it out of my mind that there is a Creator. And I do see the beauty of some of HIS Creations,

Birds, bees,
    Flowers ,trees
    The Moon ,the stars,
    And even Mars.
    I've enjoyed them all
    A waterfall.
    Babie's smile
    So when under trail
    It helps me to pray
    I Feel HE knows best
    Then in my rest
    He will explain

I allowed it because

Mouthy, some say crazy Grace Gough

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Praying is fine, if that's what you beleive. The part I don't like is telling my kids they only reason they survived (a very minor procedure) is because grandma remembered to pray, and god decided to listen.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm happy for you.

But what about all the people whose prayers Jehovah doesnt answer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit