unrealistic service attire requirements

by Solace1998 19 Replies latest jw friends

• uninformed
    uninformed

DOWN WITH PANTYHOSE!!!!!!

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Nobody ever told me that pantyhose were a must. If they had I would have laughed at them or worse. I hardly ever wore pantyhose. Either heavy tights or bare legs and I never wore heels in FS, ever. Dr. Marten boots in the winter, Dr. Marten oxfords with socks in the summer.

They wanted me to forgo college, work a part-time crappy job, use my own crappy car and finance my pioneering "career" to work for them for free and then try to tell me I had to stick to some sort of dress code - get real!

• Blasty
    Blasty

Actually everything your required to wear as appropriate attire is merely fashion of the 20th and 21st century..... definately no biblical relevance in a tie.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They wanted me to keep my collar button done up in hot weather. It would be so easy to undo the button, but they wanted it to stay done no matter how hot it got. And they wanted me to wear a white dress shirt (which makes no difference if you wear a dark suit coat).

No, they didn't relax the dress code in winter for "sisters" to allow them to wear pants in below freezing weather or when there is deep snow.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I stopped going in service a few months ago, but I have been getting more and more casual at the meetings lately. No suit coat, loose tie... Nobobody has said anything to me about it.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Great post, Jeremy C. :-) x

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Imagine having to walk the hot summer streets of Albuquerque in 100+ degree heat wearing a suit with longsleeve shirt and tie buttoned up tight.....This went on every summer for decades.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

ever been to the silver city cong. in NM?

• flipper
    flipper

SOLACE- I enjoyed going in service naked to be honest ! Much more air movement for those hot muggy summers ! Had to wear a private area warmer in the winter though ; as it got a bit nippy ! Just teasing ! But I did call on a few naked people answering doors at times ! That was an illuminating experience ! Spiced service up a bit ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

hehe who HASNT had a naked person at the door ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit