Did You Receive All Those Gifts You Were Supposed To Get All Year Around?

by White Dove 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have never had that problem myself because I was born a Catholic. However, I have seen witless children that got little or nothing any time.

Once, for instance, I was at the Grand Boasting Session. There was one family that was obviously poor, as they drove about 120 km (close to 80 miles) one way to save on the motel rooms. The children had a crap pair of binoculars that came from a Happy Meal, and were quite enthralled with that. I looked through them, and even though things were bigger, they were not clearer. The next day, I came with some toy calculators that cost me about $4 each--and they were thrilled with that. Good thing Brother Hounder didn't see that.

Another time, I went visiting the only "elder" that I actually had a measure of respect for (and who was reproved for something the other hounders made up). I knew the children there were very poor, and for reasons beyond the parents' control. (And this was not a racial profile--white children can be just as poor as black ones). I came with some goodies (in the middle of October) wrapped in plain paper, as if they were Christmas presents. They had some fun opening them up, and a lot of fun playing with them. In all, that cost me around $100. But it was worth every penny to see them happy.

Yet another time, there was this "sister" (about 55 years old) that had a granddaughter that was being pulled out by worldly parents (one of them an abusive stepfather). At the Supreme Boasting Session (what year, I do not want Brother Hounder to know to protect the identity), I gave her a portable tape player and several decent-quality tapes with music recorded from my CDs. That cost me about $50 plus about 8 hours of time to record the music. (No, I didn't put any filthy rap music on those tapes.) Another time I had to be sneaky because Brother Hounder would have had a stroke had I got caught.

And, no I never gave the hounders' children a damn thing. Most of them were poor because of their own free will, not circumstances beyond their control. And they believed that anything nice would only make them materialistic. And that is why, when I did give something to those I felt deserving, I had to keep it hidden from Brother Hounder--who would tell me to put it in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund instead. And that is one "gift" I did not want to give those children--the "gift" of being molested by the hounders and then silenced about it.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Gosh Wiz you are so thoughtful :) I always hated to HEAR and to SAY that catch phrase because I knew it wasnt true..it was what we told worldly people to appear to be on some equal ground with their gift giving at holidays. Nobody I knew as a JW for 13 years gave gifts to their kids. I mean yeah they would buy stuff for their kids but it wasnt gifts per se which are given as a surprise, arent ASKED for in the store, are wrapped and fun to receive...that is what a gift is in my head anyway. I never really got out of worldly mode as a JW and so would ache to give my kids presents on Christmas and on their birthdays because they are the most incredible gifts I have ever received myself....but god forbid we should give them undo attention when we should be serving some jealous god out there.

I DID give my kids gifts when I was a JW because I grew up knowing what that meant. Thank GOD I got out of the dubs when they were still little, 8, 5 and 2. And I am now guilty guilty guilty of spoiling them :) And they in turn love to surprise their friends with little thoughtful things.

They buy gifts all year long...and that turkey and company they have on Thanksgiving Day isnt really Thanksgiving because "they dont need a special day to give Thanks to God" either. LOL

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

No, but I had Present Day! Unfortunately, the presents always sucked. And I never got presents from my worldly relatives on that day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit