The State as Aggressor

by BurnTheShips 46 Replies latest members politics

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

HS, apparently, all you know how to do lately is meta-argue.

Imagine if we could pit you against your clone?

Pick any subject as a thread starter and.......

HS1: Insult regarding debate rather than issue

HS2: Ad hominem counterpunch

HS1: Riposte

HS2: Comparison of other to genus Mandrillus

HS1: Comparison of other with turn of phrase to genus Mandrillus excretory system

HS2: Questioning intelligence

HS1: Concrete statement of lack of intelligence

HS2: Resurrection and criticism of misunderstood post from 6 months ago

HS1: Criticism of of Americans which share HS2's timezone

HS2: Rare moment of agreement but in addition to <negative American attribute> there is <other negative American attribute>.

HS1: Concession and Agreement

HS2: ((((((((((HS1))))))))))

HS1: ((((((((((HS2))))))))))

Onlookers: Feel stupider than when thread started.

HS1: Flatulation

HS2: Flatulation in different time zone.

BTS

• james_woods
    james_woods

This is starting to sound a lot like what weird old Ted Kazynski wrote in the Unibomber Manifesto.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Good god Burn, that presentation is a morality slide show for a 5 year old. I got through about 5 minutes of it. If anyone can watch farther, it's because they failed to think about such things when they were 5.

Yes I've read the Constitution. Libertarians have no special claim to the constitution. Or if they do, it's philosophical, just like everyone else.

At some point, the rubber has to meet the road. Disputes have to be resolved. And yes, PROGRESS has to be made.

Is poverty elimination even a goal of Libertarians? I never hear them talk about it.

Also, why is a Libertarian so much more likely to complain about Compact Fluorescent light bulbs than the loss of the Great Writ, or Government spying on it's citizens?

Oh, oh.. the biggest question of all: Once a group of people have banded together and clearly demonstrated that they want to operate as a society that shares resources, what is the inherent right of an individual libertarian to fuck that up? I mean, you were born into this society; I can see if you and some other like-minded people wanted to leave, and go start a libertarian colony somewhere, but you were born into a society that clearly wants to and agrees to share it's resources. If you say "well, we just want to be part of the debate about how those resources are shared"... er... well... ok. How are you different? Oh, cuz you always enjoin the debate with "let's not share the resources at all, it mine! go away!"? lol, that just makes you an asshole who REALLY.NEEDS.TO.GO.TO.AN.ISLAND. Live amongst your own kind. I personally think that island will look more like Lord of the Flies than Fantasy Island, but please, prove me wrong.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It seems to me he asked a fair question. What do you mean by Libertarianism.

Libertarian has become a household word by now. "Minarchist", not so much.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

The use of the word 'lately' should awaken you to certain realities Burn.

The fact that I have been enanged for many years in informational debate on this Board, which I enjoy, and yet chose to let threads such as yours wash away under the bridge of time is that they are actually not worthy of serious comment, as Six has just found out.

You are capable of thought Burn, but you do not seem to be able to hold a thought long enough in your brain for it to actually form into a personal philosophy. It is a failing.

Why should I then waste time engaging a person in debate who understand only the surface of issues, is actually unsure of their position, and is willing to change opinion on the fly, like a sort of intellectual Cinderella in fear of the strike of midnight?

As to my comment regarding your muddle-head approach to Six's comment, do you actually have an answer?

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    As to my comment regarding your muddle-head approach to Six's comment, do you actually have an answer?

My point was that there are a lot of approaches, I then gave what I thought was a good explanation of the essence in the link in my comment. You obviously didn't get that, because rather than read my posts in the context of an accusation of hipocrisy, you would rather scour them for something to criticize. So please, continue. I will just ignore your noise in the future.

BTS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

My point was that there are a lot of approaches, I then gave what I thought was a good explanation of the essence in the link in my comment. You obviously didn't get that, because rather than read my posts in the context of an accusation of hipocrisy, you would rather scour them for something to criticize. So please, continue. I will just ignore your noise in the future.

Is that what you thought!

It is ironic that as a person who is so quick to describe others as a 'windbag', you leave this Board strewn with your half-baked views on absolutely EVERYTHING. As I have noted before, I would not be so tough on you if you were not capable of better.

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why should I then waste time engaging a person in debate who understand only the surface of issues, is actually unsure of their position, and is willing to change opinion on the fly, like a sort of intellectual Cinderella in fear of the strike of midnight?

It seems to me that you misunderstand my opinions, and that this is what makes things seem contradictory to you. Please do not waste time engaging me in debate, in fact I would prefer it.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    As I have noted before, I would not be so tough on you if you were not capable of better.

I don't care to live up to your standards, whatever they are, and I do not need your help or encouragement. Who do you think you are? You are neither my father nor teacher nor mentor. So waste you supposedly well intentioned offensiveness on someone else. I don't need it.

BTS

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's your swift conclusions which bother me, burn. Since you disply no patience for careful discourse, I won't bother with this either. You have stated your position, and show no inclination to consider any other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit