Trapped in an elevator...

by whitman 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yikes OFC, this is all too real for you!

• Gopher
    Gopher

One of David Letterman's old top ten lists was about the ten things you wouldn't want to hear on such an elevator.

One of the items was: "Hello, I'm an insurance salesman AND a Jehovah's Witness."

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

My first roomate at bethel...he wouldn't last a minute.

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

I replied earlier to this topic but couldn't help adding one experience. When my daughter was a little girl we went shopping to a well-known department store. As all mommies know you can't get on the escalator with a stroller; you have to take the elevator. Well, another mom and her stroller riding kid got into the elevator with us and she parked it next to the control panels and sure enough the kid started pushing buttons and set off the "in case of fire" or whatever button it was. That LOUD alarm went off and the elevator stopped. I don't know what what louder the siren or both of our kids screaming there heads off. Of course everything was fine and we got out alright but dear god---til this day I think of that when I get on an elevator!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I love Kenny G! Dreamy sax player, as I remember. Used to have a CD and played it all the time. I used to want to run my hands through his hair. Mmmmm..................My mom used to say that he made love with that saxiphone. I agreed. Such passion ran through that pipe.

I would kill Rush. Kill him. He'd die by my hand. Definately.

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

Come to think of it, what would McGeyver do? I know! He'd use Ann Coulter's boney behind as a crowbar to get the doors open. That's it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Mmmm.....MacGyver.....Mmmmmm.....

• whitman
    whitman

MacGyver would know what to do. Just a stick of gum, a thumb tack, a piece of moss and some cough syrup and he'd be out of that elevator quick smart.

• Layla33
    Layla33

This is a funny topic, as I was doing some training one summer and another professor who was teaching some class used to give me the creeps. He would follow me around, ask me very personal questions and just a general pain in the you know what. I remember remarking to a friend one day, "if I was ever trapped in the elevator with this man, I don't know what I would do..." Of course it was said in jest, and in fun.

Well, the very next day, I didn't feel like taking the steps, so I caught the elevator to go down three floors and HE COMES ON. And, of course we are the only two people on there. And then the elevator stops. I get on the phone and in the most calm but pleading voice ask for assistance. They tell us that something has gone wrong with the elevator and it may take a while to get it fixed.

For exactly one hour, I am trapped in the elevator with just about the last man on earth I would want to be trapped with. He gets this stupid look on his face and I just raise my hand and I proceed to sit on the elevator floor and completely meditate for the entire hour that we were in there. It was probably the most peaceful meditation experience I had before that time, but it was hilarious, nonetheless.

• whitman
    whitman

Layla - that is hillarious!

I only have one experience of elevator excitement. I was in the elevator going up to my office with a colleague. The elevator phone rang. Now that's never happened before. So after a few rings I answered it rather tentatively. The person on the other end thought they were phoning a friend of theirs. It took some explaining before they finally accepted that they had actually phoned an elevator. I rode up and down in the elevator while I talked to the person on the other end. I was nearly crying with laughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit