The Piano - Bittersweet ...

by compound complex 14 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dammit, CoCo, you made me cry. I KNEW BETTER than to click on something that said "bittersweet"!

That is a Yann Tierson composition. He is INCREDIBLE and I have several of his CDs, just awesome. That one many will remember from being in the "Amelie" soundtrack. It was pretty tear-jerking in that movie, too... but it certainly ends on a high note.

:)

Love,
    Baba.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

very nice

thanks for sharing

purps

• Dagney
    Dagney

Beautiful.

Thank you CoCo.

• StAnn
    StAnn

CoCo, I shouldn't have clicked on this. My mother trained to be a concert pianist but married and had children instead of a career. She played for us all of our lives. Then she had a brain tumor and had an operation in 1994 and lost her memory, completely forgot how to play. She doesn't even remember the tunes of the songs she used to play. I tried to get her to play something once after the surgery, thought it would be therapeutic, but she has no idea how to do it anymore. I haven't heard her play in 14 years. When I was growing up, she played for me everyday.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest:

Baba and Purps and Dagney and StAnn ...

Yes, we put ourselves at emotional risk when peering into the bittersweet.

StAnn, it is so sad and strangely ironic what you have stated. I was instructing a student this evening in this - "Comptine" - and other pieces. My mind was slipping - I felt it. I even said so to my student. I've played piano for 50 years and I foresee an occurrence not necessarily identical to that of your poor mother, but, nevertheless, one causing a void in my creative being.

I'm not frightened of the inevitable. My students - several of them promising, potential composers - have been given permission to surpass me. The torch will never be extinguished nor allowed to fall to earth ...

Love,

CoCo

• Mincan
    Mincan

"The Greatest Piece of Music Ever Composed" - Igor Stravinsky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n68WBx91nQE

• zagor
    zagor

Very Good,
    Here is my response to it, enjoy it .. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0X-GamNY5U

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, my musical friends ...

• Turkey Sandwich

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit