If this is true, I swear to god I want off this planet.

by IP_SEC 30 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Honest to god true story.

I went to the groc store saturday. Of the items bought was mayonaise. (dont eat the shit myself but someone had to have it)

When the girl scanned the mayo, she got a funny look on her face and said: "this cant be right" I told her the price as it was marked on the shelf $3.99. She said: "No thats not the problem, its asking for age verification" I LOLed and knowing pos like I do I figured someone had set the PLU for the item up wrong, no biggie.

She called the manager over and the manager said: "No that is correct, new law on mayo, crisco and the like as they can be used for bomb making"

I thought WTF!!! OMG!!! Have we become that scared? Jesus tap dancing christ man! Mayo for crap sake.

I havent been able to find anything about this on the web.

Does anyone know if this is a real law? If it is I swear ta god ima go live in a cave to get away from this scaredy cat mentality.

• sacolton
    sacolton

MAYO BOMB?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Man, I would have been looking for the hidden camera and the guy to walk out and tell me it's all a joke! It's the same in OZ. The public aren't told when there are law changes. If asked, the authorities have a pat answer, security.

• oompa
    oompa

IP....this could be a cruel louisiana local only joke.......lol........oompa

• amicus
    amicus
    Have we become that scared?

Gawd, what next? Build a fence around our borders or something?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I know of a guy who made a bomb out of a can of pork and beans.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

There's nothing on Google to verify that. Frankly, there are far more dangerous things in the supermarket than mayo and Crisco.

Dave

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Wow, that is really stupid. And why restrict it based on age? I didn't realize most mad bombers running around the US were children.

Maybe the manager just didn't know how to override the register thing and was trying to look smart (mission not accomplished LOL).

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yeah, I think the Muslems are trying to kill all the Jews with exploding MLTs. (Reference to Princess Bride) A nice mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich... with mayo, of course.

Don't be surprised if you have to sign papers the next time you purchase bagels or cream cheese!

B the X

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I don't doubt you were told that, but I know the manager's answer was bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit