The Revelation book

by donny 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    The book study is being cancelled effective january 2009

NOT cancelled, just condensed to 25 minutes and moved to the same evening as the Ministry School and Service Meeting (also condensed).

Which of course means it will be held at the Kingdom Hall, not in private homes.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

You know... I've been associated with the WTS since early 1970. Since then we studied the 'other' revelation books a few times and the Revelation Climax book twice (I think) before I walked out in 1993. Since then it's been studied a couple of times.

WHY?? If you are going to study the Bible, there is soooo much more in that book than Revelation and Isaiah.

So much focus in the BookStudy on the morbid aspects.

I just never really took much note to the horror-theme.

-Aude.

• mattbetrayed
    mattbetrayed

yea but was not the book study the place the jws could run when the great trib starts not now it would seem and yes just some stat changes and they have removed some "old truthes" hows that right how can truth ever be out dated in regarde to God and the end of things false false false every time

• heathen
    heathen

Believe it or not , I even stopped in the study and at the end of the meeting I was talking to one of the presiding elders and he assured me not to worry they will get it right eventually >LOL How could that pass by the rest without him getting in trouble ? I wonder..... I think they mostly just updated some stuff since it is a twenty plus year old publications . That's what the elder said anyway. I give them credit anyway for attempting such a very peculiar book as Revelation , I've heard other religions give it a try on some stuff but they really sound ridiculous .

• bite me
    bite me

What happens if someone does have a book study at their house, would they be dis-fellowshiped? So, in 2009 it is a big no no to study watchtower material aka book study along with others in your home other then your immediate family? What if someone does want to drive 5, 10, or even 15 miles to a house to study together, they can't? Watchtower wants to be in charge of everything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit