The Revelation book

by donny 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

I have heard the Revelation book is being studied for the 4th time since it's release in 1988. We studied it once before I left in 1992. Is it the same edition or has it been revised a few times?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Same book with slight revisions.

I guess it will be the last time. It has become too verbose for modern JWs.

It has that typical stamp of the 80s.

• Gopher
    Gopher

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_Publications#Bible_commentaries ) the only revised edition was in 2006, with a new cover. I believe there had been minor revisions with wording changes since it first came out.

• donny
    donny

Anyone have a pic of the new cover?

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

It's the same cover except in paperback.

• booby
    booby

is'nt the revelation book that had changes sent out in a km for them to cut out and paste in the book where required??

• yknot
    yknot

I am still floored that we are studying that relic!

I mean the UN scandal......it is like they are just daring some to out themselves!

• 5go
    5go

You meant to say the Revulsion it's a Grandiose Lie-Max book, right.

• navytownroger
    navytownroger

An older woman who was in my former book study told me she asked the others after one Revelation chapter: 'Is this making sense to anybody??' I wish I had been there to see the reaction.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

There were minor changes to the 2006 version. The changes were highlighted in a KM prior it being studied this time around. After conducting book-study's 2 times with this book I really did not care enough to even note the changes. I believe it was mostly updating figures( same garbage though) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit