Questions on Assembly to help wife critically think

by insearchoftruth 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Good afternoon,

My wife is going to be attending the assembly in Hampton, VA this weekend and was wondering if there are any questions that I could ask her in advance to help her critically think about what is being said?

It has been a while since she has attended either a meeting or a DC, so will be sort of like being hit anew with this stuff, but I think she has done a few BS with the pesky sister in the meanwhile, though she is being quite silent about it.

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

Well, in my instance, I kept 'dripping' tidbits of information about certains things that I knew would make her think. Now with our children getting older in school, and both her and I stressing to our children the importance of getting a good college education in order to provide for themselves in these times. Now when I told her about the CO letter regarding the discilinary actions against elders and ms who have children who attend college, she was silent and mouth wide open and then said, well that's stupid. I about chuckled out loud but kept a serious face and said, they are probably doing this to control the kids so they won't get better educated. She was totally against it and then our conversation opened up to all the things that I had been keeping stored up and now she is almost ready to say goodbye.

I am almost at the end of my journey to convice my wife of the dangers of the gb and the society. So I would say, patience is key. You cannot rush it. Be very careful in revelaing the information you know and be prepared to answer how you came to know such information.

Let your knowledge 'drip' to her and she will eventually come around. Most people will in time, whether they admit or not, inside they know. Be patient and flexible .

..truth.ceeker..

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife as well is very driven by education and this past weekend was talking about finishing her associates degree(s), finishing up with her bachelors by summer of 2010 with the intent to go to graduate school.

How can I make a comment with regards to her pursuit of education that will help her critically think and really process what the WTS is trying to drive forward with on education, to keep people from getting it so they don't think for themselves and just accept the workings of the society.

One of her interests also lies with history, I am Lutheran by upbringing. If I were to ask her about the history of the Jehovahs Witnesses, I know she would ask the pesky sister....what would the 'programmed' response be, or would I be able to get the proclaimers book which would help me somewhat with Captives of a Concept.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Truth Seeker quote: "Let your knowledge 'drip' to her and she will eventually come around. Most people will in time, whether they admit or not, inside they know. Be patient and flexible."

That is beautiful! I guess I had never thought of it that way before, but now that I read it, I believe it to be true... you're right... deep inside, whether they admit it or not, they all know that their (T)ruth is not the truth!!!

Thanks for that thought. It encourages me. And best of luck to you, InSeachOf.

Love,
    Baba.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hi, Ask her to count the number of times she hears the term "God's organization" or "Jehovahs organization" in the last talk on Sunday. Witnesses like to point out that the word Trinity doesn't appear in the Bible, but neither does the terms for the organization. It's a glaring in-consistancy that drives me crazy. But on a positive note about the assembly, the Symposium on Sunday morning about the fruits of the spirit was good, at least at the convention I went to. seek2find

• nbernat
    nbernat

It's about the Holy Spirit:

You could ask her if the Holy Spirit guides God's organization and is a so-called apostate, how is it possible that old prophecies and teachings have been wrong?

Or how is it possible if it is the Holy Spirit doing the appointments that spies for the Soviets were appointed as elders if from the get-go they were doing it for interests of the government and in hopes of outing the underground Witnesses?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Ask her to take note of the scriptures the bible based drama is based on. (note: its not in the bible at all)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Awesome, Missing! Yeah that drama was just nuts.

• carla
    carla

I agree, the drama! I have been racking my brain for quite some time trying to think of a comment to make to my jw before he goes off to the dc. I only get one comment out, it better be a doozy.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Once when my wife went to an assembly, while she was gone I changed something she didn't like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit