EX-JW Project Announcement

by Mindchild 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

What may at first glance seem like a fantasy, the ex-dub Island of Refuge Project is for real.

Simply put, several friends on this network have decided to throw their resources together to create a better life for themselves by buying a privately owned tropical island, making a community, developing employment for all, and enjoying great fellowship while living in this Aposta Fiesta paradise.

A few weeks ago, I started a lighthearted thread entitled,Would You Like to Live on Gilligan’s Island?

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15431&site=3

This thread portrayed a idealized lifestyle of a small group of friends living together on a small island with the best of the modern world (Internet, phones, and several other first world lifestyle features) in a location safe from the problems that many cultures have, namely stress, the rat-race, crime, pollution, and terrorism just to name a few.

I, and now a few others, believe such a dream is not only possible but can be achieved in less than a year. Our plan is to first find the ideal mix of people to live together in a small but vibrant society, followed by developing our capital resources and business projects to provide everyone with their share of the capital to own part of the island and give them money for building a home. The next steps would include the land purchasing and building the island infrastructure (individual homes, community buildings and providing utilities, etc.) followed by moving there and transferring our businesses to the new location. It will not be done in 6 creative days but maybe 6-12 months is more realistic.

Currently, our small group consists of one family and two single people who have committed to the project along with about six others who have expressed an interest in finding out more about it. We are now opening up discussion about the project to anyone else who might be interested, as things look very positive for following through with making this real.

We will post more about our plans and progress as time goes on. If you think this is something you might be interested in doing in real life, please let us know.

Skipper

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Skipper
    Just wanted to jump in here and say this idea is a feasible project. I for one think that the ideas you have layed out are attainable, within the time frame you state as well. I sincerely urge all that are interested to contact Skipper and let him sail you away

BTW he said I can wear a bikini 365 days a year...lol The other ideas he has will be told on a need to know basis
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

ok ... so it's not april the 1st is it ? ...

• mommy
    mommy

Alliwannadoisliveonanisland
    Not yet, we have a few months. Even if living as a permanant resident is not appealing, Skipper has also thought of ways that you can make it your very own retreat. I think the more we get involved in this, the better the outcome. BTW he has not asked me for my $100,000 in cash or even a cashiers check. It is not about having all the money to do this, but having a dream, willingness to work hard, and attaining your goal.

I personally would love to live somewhere I don't have to worry about my neighbors killing me, or taking my things. Now spying in my window is something we haven't worked out yet, that is in the fees area. LOL just kiddingAn island free from pollution and still have the comforts of the modern world. He has even worked out how we can have the internet and contact with society. Children can still get a great education, and personally I would love to be the one to teach them
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I can't help thinking that you've been inspired by the Freedom Ship, Skipper:
    http://www.freedomship.com

That project started out as being just an island retreat...

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hi Stephanus,

I'm actually quite familiar with the Freedom Ship project and even considered buying one of their condo's once. There is a few other knock off's of the same type there as well. I decided to go with the island approach because it has much more going for it. You have a good investment in real estate for one thing and it is not likely to sink at sea, and then you have much more room for a much lower price. Typically, you can buy excellent property for about $10K USD per acre or less. If you do any improvements, the value rises quickly, so there is an escape for anyone who tried it and didn't like it, they could simply sell their share. Freedom Ship would let you sell your property but with much more restrictions but you are not going to be able to do any modifications.

I think I'm actually more inspired by Gilligan's Island. I always thought those guys were nuts for wanting to leave

Skipper

• comment
    comment

Lord of the Flies...now there's a great book!

comment

• rekless
    rekless

i would be interested in it. I would have to swap out my expertise in the building trades my little piece of paridise.

any acceptance to my offer.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

What kind of skills do you have Rekless?

• moman
    moman

Man, my inital reaction waz 2 think U were kidding, U are right? If not,& U are serious,( & this iz not a scam) then all the questions come up, such az,legal (ownership of title etc.) medical,island government laws & rules 2 decide desputes etc. Otherwise good idea, count me in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit