Budweiser no longer "American" beer

by RubaDub 19 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Who would have thought that Anheiser Busch would be sold to another country !!!

All I can say is, if InBev (the company that is buying Anheiser Busch) starts slipping its tasty Stella Artois beer into Bud bottles, I'll start drinking Bud and love every sip.

Rub a Dub

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The "real" Budweiser is Czech (and excellent) to begin with...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The "real" Budweiser is Czech (and excellent) to begin with...

I like Pilsener-Urquell. I drink it sometimes. The Czechs invented what we call a lager here in America. Light bodied bottom fermented.

Budweiser?

I use it as a degreaser.

BTS

• Narkissos
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub
    I like Pilsener-Urquell. I drink it sometimes. Budweiser? I use it as a degreaser.

LOL BurntheShips ....

I'll have to try that.

I normally pour Budweiser on the concrete on our patio. It seems to work really well in lifting the dirt. Then you just sweep it off with a stiff broom.

And yes, Pilsner-Urquell is one fine brew. I buy it occasionally.

But Stella and Presidente are our favorites (the recycling guy can attest to that since he has to pick up all the bottles every week .. lol).

Rub a Dub

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    But Stella and Presidente are our favorites (the recycling guy can attest to that since he has to pick up all the bottles every week .. lol).

Presidente is good in hot weather. Stella is just good all around. If you ever try Mexican, skip the Corona (though it is good) and try Modelo Especial. It is better. Go native with the lime and salt. It is actually a smart thing to do if you think of beer as electrolyte replacement.

Life really is too short for bad beer. If I ever get so broke that I have to buy the bad domestic mass produced brands, I am going to end it all with a broken bottle end. I live in SW Florida so I usually drink the light bodied pale stuff because of the heat. Nothing better after coming in from working outdoors. I hit the ales in the winter.

BTS

• Gopher
    Gopher

When you say BUD you said it all. It's Beechwood aged! Clydesdales!

(Anheuser-Busch does the best advertising. So they must have the best beer, right? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcbasIb8lQ

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yup great advertsing, too bad they couldn't put that much flavor in their beer.

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Note to People:

Pilsner beer is Canadian and even more specific its made in Saskatchewan, and there isn't a country in the world that would want to buy it.

As for Budweiser who cares who buys that weak beer. There's no beer like Canadian Beer Baby!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Actually Pilsner is from Pilsen Czechoslovakia. Czech Republic now, which John McCain can't seem to remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit