Economy Sucks ! Any Self Employed JWDers Having Trouble Collecting Money ?

by flipper 27 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No dentists in the wilderness..Had to pull my own tooth..What a frigg`n mess..And..a bit painful......Nothing a bottle of scotch won`t cure..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I manage the office and cook do the books for a small realty . We are so slow, we didn't have any sales or listings come in last week at all. We don't have trouble collecting or anything, because commissions come off the sale check from the lawyer, but if there are no sales, there are no commissions to collect! We also have to check to make sure there are not liens and multiple mortgages on title and the seller's will actually have enought profit fromt he sale to pay us or we could get screwed! We checked the Real Estate Board and there were no sales or new listings in the entire city that week of 80,000 people! That is unheard of! One Realty closed down and 12 realtors quit this month. One was ours.

Cog

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

My bro showed up at a deadbeats dinner party with freinds unannounced. He weilding a bat the other two were pro leg breakers. His 50k was forth comming.

Myself I always gave them ample time to pay then it was my time to pay. My best is pop a small glass on their home and insert gardenhose then turn on full blast.

Show up the next day and let them off the hook since they had such a big loss.

• flipper
    flipper

BURN the SHIPS- I might have to take the architect to small claims court and have the sheriff serve him with court papers. If my hand is forced ; I will.

OUTLAW- You still have teeth after chewing on all those pine cones in the wilderness ?

COGNIZANT DISSENDENT- No real estate sales or listings in your city of 80,000 for a week ! Wow! Sorry your realty office closed. That sucks. Hard times ahead.

UWISHUFISH- Wow! So your brother speaks softly but carries a big stick, eh ? But he got his $ 50,000 ! I hope I don't have to resort to that or get too extreme ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I guess I didn't word my post very well. I meant a real estate agency closed in town (not ours) and one of our agents left.

I would also like to say, that having been on both sides of the debt collecting fence, both collector and collectee, I'm not impressed with the broken bones threats and vandalism to the house story. What, are some of you guys in the mob or something? Sometimes, shit happens to people and they can't help it. If someone stiffs you then it causes a chain reaction down the line. Breaking someone's legs isn't going to stop the snowball effect. It just makes it worse. Also, sometimes people stiff you because they are going bankrupt due to job loss or illness. So chill already. It's only money!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Embarass them into paying.

It is very seldom that people, or companies do not pay bills IF they have to cash to do so. More often than not in business, they are waiting themselves on other creditors to pay. The person who breaks the cycle is the one who can borrow the most easily. That is all.

In all my many years in business, I have only known one person who deliberately held up payment of a large check only due to his being a bastard. I made sure he paid. Normally I am very happy to try to help my clients if they are in a cash flow situation in any way that I can.

The reality is these dyas that the largest corporations, or the smallest businesses have one thing in common, and that is that they are all twelve weeks 'bad' business from bankruptcy.

HS

• flipper
    flipper

COGNIZANT DISSENDENT- I would never resort to violence to collect funds. I will use the small claims courts here if I have to- but I can only hold out so long before you let big customers continue stiffing you month after month. Yes it is a chain reaction, but I'm not going to be the " quiet " link in the chain. I'm glad I misunderstood your post. Glad to hear you are still busy working ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I figured you were just kidding and blowing off steam, Mr. Flipper. A couple of the other posters, I'm not so sure were kidding.

Cog

• Highlander
    Highlander

Business is booming this year. No trouble getting paid, despite the fact that I'm in the automotive industry that is sluggish at best. My wife and I also have an export business that has increasing sales as the value of the dollar falls.

I am picking up more accounts which helps

It's a pain in the ass when you have accounts that aren't paying on time, however I'm happy to see that you are picking up new accounts. As you are dealing with your slow pay issues, be sure to focus on gaining more accounts.

• flipper
    flipper

COGNIZANT DISSIDENT- I know you know I was kidding. I just have to be patient these customers will eventually pay me.

HIGHLANDER- Glad to hear your business is doing well ! People paying on time. Good advice from you on continuing to pick up new accounts to offset the slow paying ones. I will continue to do so. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit