Economy Sucks ! Any Self Employed JWDers Having Trouble Collecting Money ?

by flipper 27 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. Thought I'd post this to see if I'm on an island here or not . I have been in business in commercial janitorial for almost 26 years. Aside from one customer going bankrupt 15 years ago I have generally been able to get people to pay on time ! I mean, occasionally you will get the 30 days late bit ; but recently I've had LARGE customers stiff me for 60 days plus ! Good sized customers are doing this which is putting a definite crimp in my bill paying process ! I have commercial customers into me for $ 4,000 right now - late which should be sitting in my checking account ! We are talking architects who are waiting on $ 750,000 to come to them from their accounts receivable as well ! It's a goddamned domino effect ! The construction industry is taking a hit bad ! Plus anything in real estate and construction !

I'm thinking of taking this one big customer to small claims court at the end of the month if they don't clear up May's payment to me as well as what else they owe me ! I am picking up more accounts which helps - however the in between process of starting the jobs, then waiting to receive payment puts you in limbo somewhat . So are any of you feeling the effects as well trying to get deadbeat customers to pay on time ?? What are you doing to stem the tide in this " crotch itch " of an economy !? Look forward to your answers ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Things are gonna get worse as the FEDS bail out the BANKS.

Personally, I don't have trouble collecting once they see my TASER GUN.

• flipper
    flipper

WAC- That's it ! I need to buy a taser gun ! I got in the face of the owner of the architect company the other day- caught him at the copy machine by himself in his office - damn neared bent him over from behind and shouted - Would YOU like it from behind !!?? As I bent his arm backwards behind his head he screamed for mercy ! Then he said he'd give me $200 of the $3,000 he owed me. Jeez. All I can do is hope he gets checks in from the 30 or so a$$wipes that owe him ! Sucks

• Mary
    Mary

No, I have no problem getting paid what I'm owed. It's $4.99 a minute and they either pay up front or I don't talk dirty to them. Why do you think Gumbers doesn't post on here any more?

• flipper
    flipper

MARY- What's your phone number ?? Woops. Not really, I'm married ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mary
    Mary

Just phone any ol' Kingdumb Hall. I've got it all hooked up conference-style so I can talk to several elders all at the same time, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Mary!!...............I used to do collections,never had any trouble..Might take me awhile to hunt them down,but they always paid..LOL!!..............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

We've seen 3 businesses close up this past month and that means employees out of work, leases terminated and a whole lot of people who won't get their money...the ripples are feeling like tsunamis for some people. On the flip side, our dentist is on the pay as you go system and since we just paid him a few thousand for some emergency dental repair, I've warned sammie that if he has any more tooth issues, I'll just feed him a lot of booze to knock him out, prop his mouth open with a stick and yank the tooth out with some pliers. I used to have to do collections from time to time as part of my job - nasty business. sammieswife.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Any Self Employed JWDers Having Trouble Collecting Money ?

I used to collect for a living. I did it for a year. I was very good at it. Our branch office had the lowest delinquency in Florida (we it had been previously one of the worst)

Sue 'em. Seriously. And I don't know how it works in your county, but use the sheriff to server papers--at their place of employment.

Embarass them into paying. It worked for me.

They would show up in court and whine and I would point at the new Air Jordans or the nice chain and they would shut up and make arrangements.

Our repo man was a little guy. I am thinkin 5'2". But he carried a big bore revolver on his side. That helps.

BTS

• flipper
    flipper

MARY- I bet elders do use your service, no doubt !

OUTLAW- As rugged a guy as you are and just your avatar name is intimidating- I should get you to collect from my customers ! Perhaps you could pull your guns out on them ! Peace bro.

SAMMIE LEE's WIFE- So you were a collector too ? Wish I could sick you on my architect ! I assume your husband is going to be really careful with his teeth in the future, eh ? A good stiff drink is nice, but not when you HAVE to have it for pain only. Hope you folks are doin' well ! Had fun with you at Tahoe ! We'll have to get together sometime . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit