I NEED YOUR HELP !!

by thebigdebate 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

If you DO decide to talk to her, keep it very simple. Thank her for her concern and her research in trying to help you. However, point out Acts 1:7 and Luke 21:8 and ask her if it was a command of Jesus to follow people claiming to have knowledge of when his return would be. Ask her if it was in the domain of humans to have knowledge of this information in the first place (Acts 1:7). Ask her if the good news of the kingdom should contain information and speculation of the date of Christ's return when he clearly says in Luke 21:8 not to go after anyone claiming to have such knowledge. The society has had since 1879 to perfect their end-time prophecies and doctrine. It can be tough to go up against it. But with those two verses - Acts 1:7 and Luke 21:8 - you can take the legs away from any long thought out and reasoned doctrine.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

if this is like a grandma that i know, i would say your shit outta luck. She is and will always know more then you and she is always right. think again bigD, your arguing ancient mesopotamian history, like drew said. maybe you should just right a letter so she doesn't have a chance to argue.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

She's invested her entire life to the borg and its highly unlikely you will get her to see any reason. All you'll do is cement in her mind that you are an apostate and to be shunned. I'd avoid having this "discussion" at all costs if I were you. IMO

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I would NOT talk to grams at all, and if you do, only to make her think she totally helped you to see she (the borg) is right or she WILL rat you out in a heart beat. I DA"d and all it did was give them power over my life. DO not allow them that control. FADE FADE FADE......... Grams is the enemy, remeber that. Witnesses destroy families and do not let them ruin yours by allowing them to shun you.... fade fade fade and keep the kids out of the hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit