WTBTS seerks total control

by buffalosrfree 11 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Just a thought(s) about how/why the society wants to cut off members from a normal societal relationship.

Outside information: people need information outside their own bubble so to speak, so that they can know what really is going on around them. Members need information from the outside to know the truth. that is why the borg is so scared of the internet and association by members with those outside the box (congregation).

To control us and our activities and future, all you have to do is cut off our past (associations, activities, studies etc.).

People who want to do that (i.e. the borg) are abusive and are in effect commiting a form of murder, they want to totally dominate us and murder any instincts we have about free thought and freedom of action. Thought and actions are only acceptable if in accord with the precepts of the FDS/GB.

The borg seeks total control of us, our ideas, or intellect, our basic human rights our freedom of speech, thought, and how we conduct our lives. Everthing from their world is service oriented, they want us to keep feeding the organizational machine $$$ is what they want and control.

If we think about it the Stockholm syndrome is also prevalent inside the ORG and the congregations. Those abused at least a good part of them love the abuser(s).

Well its something to think about anyway what are your thoughts?

• james_woods
    james_woods

I sense that many of us here on JWD who have seen the religion over the past 4 or 5 decades have one similar feeling:

The WTS is becoming more and more controlling, especially within the last decade or so.

They always were a pretty controlling bunch, but what has happened in the past few years has become ridiculous.

It smells of desperation on the part of the WTS, as a matter of fact.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Most of us here won't even recognize the WTBTS in the coming years as it becomes more isolated. It has become more of a private country club than a religion.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I think you nailed it! But their tactics are starting to open more and more eyes, which is a good thing. And hopefully the internet and increased information will blow them to smithereens....

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Well its something to think about anyway what are your thoughts?

My thoughts. If they had the truth, they wouldnt need total control. Because the truth would speak for itself. If you have the truth it will set you free.

Since they have the troof and dont have the truth they have to control their members so they dont look behind the curtain and see the wizard.

Also, they have to control their members so they dont stumble on all of the organizations lies, errors, false phrophecies and predictions.

We here have the truth about the troof, hence, we are free of Brooklyn.

We might not understand the big picture, the mystery's of life and our existence, whether there is a God or not.

But we know the Wactower doesnt either.

• yknot
    yknot

The Oracle proved to be false, there hasn't been any 'spiritual' leadership or direction since his fall.

Just shuffling chairs on a sinking ship....

• rekless
    rekless

Everything about the WTBTS' mechanism is cult related.

http://thedreampushers.blogspot.com/2008/01/potters-mold.html

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember last September's Kingdumb Misery telling people not to use independent sources to research the Washtowel doctrine, or to independently study the Bible itself without Washtowel material. And they were cracking down on college, at a time when people are going to need that degree more than ever for a decent job.

Now, they are coming down on more personal matters. What goes on in the bedroom is none of anyone's business outside the bedroom (unless it is music that is playing so loud that it is disturbing others; then the volume needs to be lowered). They are getting ridiculous on masturbation, and I think it's only a matter of time before they start telling people to start sleeping with same-sex partners so they will not have the privacy to masturbate. They are also urging people to do more field circus, no matter what cost they have to bear.

And the boasting sessions themselves are canned. First went live playing of Kingdumb Maladies. Then they start telling conductors to stick closely to the outline. Now they are shortening them to force conductors to stay on topic. Field circus, which is taking more time, is greatly simplified. That reduces people to a one-dimensional existence of going door to door, placing waste of paper after waste of paper. Existence is getting simplified, so the hounders can easily tell if someone is not doing things just so.

Now, about those "secret" societies they are bashing, I have found the one I joined to slap them in the face to be far less controlling. They have absolutely no rules against looking at any sources. They have a discussion forum that is rather lightly moderated, and free discussion rules. I have yet to find a forum that is against them (and they don't even have a rule against going there). Independent thinking is what they want people to do, so they will not need a ruler or religion to teach people what morals or beliefs to go by. And no bedroom laws!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Cults such as this live and breath off control, for without it they wouldn't exist and its getting harder for them to exist in this age of information.

Fear + coercion = power + money

Their fear mongering tactics are well documented for this organization.

Probably and most likely the corruption started the day the printing presses were bought, the money that was laid out for them had to be returned

remember 1/3 of the shares in the WTS was owned by a banker and he actually was the first President of the WTS., Mr. Connelly.

When you connect the dots the solution to the puzzle becomes clearly obvious.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

WTBTS in the coming years as it becomes more isolated

Sacolton,

I don't quite agree. Like any organization, the WTS seeks its own preservation and survival (lot of material assets and existing infrastructure to save). I think that it will adapt and turn mainstream, just because men at the top, isolated though they are, understand, or some younger ones make them understand, that they can't row against the tide of globalized world with instant information through internet. As I can see around me even right now, there will still exist JWs in the future, not all of them ignorant but some quite well educated, who :

1- want to keep the religion which has taught them a creed somewhat different from other religion's, what they call "the truth"

2- consider that this organization provides a social network, and - a measure of - trust between its members. In this, the phrase "country club" looks quite fitting.

The WTS has already gotten rid of what makes it the most marginal : blood, voting, alternative service. IMO, JWs, in a few years time, will be just another adventistlike denomination. And, of course, another new religion will spring up on the fundamentalist and millenarist market, claiming that it is the only original christian religion, and so on, and on ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit