Faking it or Making it..SCREWED by the Watchtower Society in 75'

by Terry 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

In 1975 the Watchtower Society woke up and they weren't in Paradise.

They turned over and pulled the sheets down to see what lay beside them in that cheap motel room called THE DAY AFTER.

They had said all the right words. They made all the right moves. They had made their bed and now they were lying in it. Literally.

Next to them lay the true believer who drank it all up,believed the beautiful promises and opened up for what was sure to be the event of their life.

The true believer had gotten screwed, allright. But, when all was said and done, they had to fake their own orgasm.

Hear me out.

Yes, that's what I said.

Sex and End Times have an awful lot in common.

It's all about passion, excitement, desire and fulfillment, really.

Sex is a wild trip that places you in a vortex ever increasing the pulse of life with you at its center.

End Times too. Can there be a greater excitement?

Storms of disaster or deliverance are headed your way: head's up--your time is coming!

You are in white water on the rapids and out of control with a deafening roar of life and death all about you:

The wildest of all rides heading toward the falls and beyond toward some unimaginable oblivion.

Got the metaphor? Sure you do.

Where do you go from there?

THE BIG LETDOWN.

Sex can lead down two roads just like End Times prophecy.

Something is the way you think its going to be or it's not.

You build it up and build it up and it's a fantastic event that is almost, almost, almost the be-all and end-all......or....you get to the magic moment and there is no magic there at all!

It's a flop.

A fizzle.

A big big mistake.

You are stuck with a big nothing.

NOW WHAT DO YOU DO? Too late to cut and run.

Do you admit you are in the wrong place with the wrong intentions and no way to back out?

You have two choices:

MAKE IT or you FAKE IT.

You go through the motions and pretend. That's what you do. Don't let on what you are feeling is EMPTY, hollow and flat. You go with the flow and make the right moves and wait for it to pass.

You don't look back after it. You pretend the whole thing never was anything at all.

Don't mention it. Look the other way.

Oh, sure, in your heart you know. But, it is too ugly and you feel too foolish to dredge it up and confront it. Just cut it loose and move on.

The 6,000th year of Human Existence ended in 1975 with an empty faked orgasm and everybody went their way like it never happened.

Everybody woke up with something ugly and repugnant beside them in a cheap motel room.

Damn! How could I have done that?! Man, this whole thing never happened.

It was somebody else--not me!

That's why 1975 is a non event to the Watchtower Society. They'll never admit they faked it with a skank. No way.

What was the warning Jesus gave about END TIMES?

Matthew 24:

23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' (In 1914)or, 'There he is!'(In 1975) do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders(Absolute dates) to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the wilderness,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Personally, I always likened it to Orwell's 1984 and Winston Smith's arrest, imprisionment, and torture in the Ministry of Love.

"We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia" said the Party.

Then, overnight, the Party suddenly wasn't at war with Eurasia. They were at war with Eastasia.

"We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia" said the Party.

Since the Party had "always been at war with Eastasia," to think other otherwise was Thoughtcrime. If you remembered that only as of last week, Oceaninia had not been at war with Eastasia, but rather Eurasia, you were a mentally defective individual, or a Thoughtcriminal.

So it is/was with the WTBTS. They themselves wrote about the possibilities of what 1975 might hold. They allowed, even encouraged, JWs worldwide to get fired up, believing that Armageddon was coming in the year 1975. In fact, you were considered a fine witness if you abadoned good jobs and creature comforts in order to pioneer full time in the years leading up to 1975. All the JWs were betting with their lives that it was "the truth" and Armageddon was coming, and soon they would be in paradise.

Then, almost overnight, Armageddon suddenly wasn't coming in 1975. And, as far as the WTBTS espoused, Armageddon never was coming in 1975. Any error of thought that led a JW to believe that it was, was an error that lay within the JW himself/herself. They ran ahead of the Society. They were impatient with Jehovah. They were Thoughtcriminals in a sense.

"We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia."

The Winston Smiths v.1 (one group of JWs)who woke up, who didn't allow the WTBTS to send 1975 down the memory hole (sweeping it under the rug and plausable deniability), could not be reconditioned, and so they were drummed out of the Party (DA'd, DF'd, and labeled Apostate).

The Winston Smiths v.2 (other group of JWs) who held on to their beliefs, who refused to leave the bOrg, were reconditioned in the Ministry of Love (subsequent WT publications, talks, subtle bullying and threats).

In the end, as in the end of 1984, they (2nd group of JWs) "loved Big Brother."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Terry..1975 never happened..No one ever made that prediction..Certainly not the WBT$ or any Jehovah`s Witness`s..Ask any active Jehovah`s Witness who lived during that time..They will tell you it`s simply not true!.......And..I`m frigg`n amazed they believe themselves.......Neither my mom or dad would admit to it..Older Witness`s who have come to my door won`t admit it.......The WBT$ told the Jehovah`s Witness`s of that era,to forget a huge chunk of their lives..Literally decades!.....And..They did..Crazy EyesCrazy Eyes..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

YEP!!

Went to bed with a beauty queen.............

Woke up with a circus clown!!

They keep going to that same well.

Why???

Because it continues to work!!
    Simple enough

Really quite sad...........
    but, that's what happens where
    rational thinking doesn't exist.

Stay sober and keep your eyes open

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I bet BurgerTime can come up with some great sex analogies!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they are repeating it now, this time without an exact date. Instead, they are telling people that it is coming within a few months, and that is rolling on as the time goes by. They don't wait for the prediction to bust to move on. Meanwhile, the waste of paper distribution campaigns keep on coming.

Once again, they are telling people to skip college. They are telling people not to have children or to remain single. And, once again, people are working part time to support full time field circus. All a stagnation trap, a waste of life, and ultimately a never-ending disaster. At least this time they are always close to the next try--which will also bust.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Luke 21:8

And he said, Take heed that ye be not led astray: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am he; and, The time is at hand: go ye not after them.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Life
    in
    Paradise to Come

expected quality of life in the
    New Worl
    dSociety
    of Jeh
    ovah's Witnesses
    Note: Jehovah's Witnesses love to dream about what life will be like in their "New Order." (They are often called the New World Society of Jehovah's Witnesses.) Here is one JW's current vision of what the "Day After" will be like (the day after Jehovah kills all but those in his organization).

DAY ONE"It's over!" Don said, "it's over!" "We're alive!" I said, "we're alive!" He grabbed me and hugged me and we danced in circles at the same time. Don was one of our older elders. "I've never felt so alive" he said. Everybody was doing the same thing, hugging and dancing in circles. "Did you ever think Armageddon was going to be like that?" my good friend, Tanny, said with tears streaming down her face. "Awesome" I tried to say, choking on the lump in my throat, "Just awesome". "Just look at that sun", she said, looking up and shielding her eyes somewhat with her palm. "It's back to normal. Isn't it wonderful?" she added.

There were now about 35 from our congregation there in the Kingdom Hall parking lot. Every one was running around grabbing each other and hugging and jumping and laughing and crying and shouting. Some would throw their hands up in the air and look up and say, "Oh thank you, Jehovah, thank you, thank you". Others would drop on their knees, clasp their hands in front of their face and sit there on the hard ground with their eyes tightly squeezed shut, in heart-felt prayer. Some were squeezing their children again and
    again. The brothers from the Spanish congregation were there too. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but it was evident that this day for them was everything that it was for us.

We had been doing this for hours. "Look, another car!" someone said. We all stopped and stared in silence like we did every time. I couldn't hear anything but my heart pounding. We watched. It was a late model Ford. It looked in pretty good shape compared to a lot of them. Everybody had parked in the street this way and that way. Some left the doors open and just ran. "Who is it?" Tammy, my wife, said, as she tugged on my arm. "Jerry and Kay", all of us shouted at once. "It's Jerry and Kay". They came running into the parking lot with this whole crowd of people running at them. And the hugging and dancing and laughing and crying started all over again.

This same thing happened over and over. All day long. But, those who came that day were the ones who always came. We kept looking in anticipation as to who we would see next. But they were the ones we would always see at every meeting. "Isn't this something?", One sister, Cindy, said to me. "Is that all you can say?" I quipped back at her, "Well, isn't it?" she said as she grabbed both of my arms just above the elbows and stared into my eyes with a pristine expression. "Yes it is, it sure is something", I said with a loud laugh. "And those birds", I added, "Just listen to those birds! Have you ever seen so many birds?" We all hugged again.

Jerry was a soft spoken brother who was always thinking ahead. He came up to me and said with sparkling eyes, "What does the inside of the Hall look like? It is sure nice to see it not boarded up any more. Do you think we should start cleaning it?". We thought we would get inside eventually and sit down. We thought maybe we would have some kind of meeting and talk about what we were going to do next. But we didn't. Not that day we didn't.

About noon we realized that we were getting hungry. The elders appointed groups to go out and find supplies. The sisters thought it would be real fun to go shopping, but it was mostly brothers who went. After a while they started coming back. Two brothers returned with huge motor homes and one with a big travel trailer and a generator. One group brought china and silverware. A lot of it was real fine china, and even some real silver. One group brought tables, and the rest brought food and drink. We had lots of food, all kinds of stuff. One brother, Patrick, came driving in the parking lot in a police car with the lights and siren going. He had it stuffed with cases of wine and coffee. And in the trunk was a large espresso coffee machine.

Every one pitched in with food preparation and soon dinner was ready. Carl, our presiding overseer led us in a long prayer and we began to eat. We thought we could maybe start to settle down a little, but we weren't
    prepared for what happened next.
    "I think I'm too excited to eat" I said to Bob, one of our elders, as we stood looking at each other with our plates in our hands. "I know what you mean," he said, looking down at his food and licking his lips, "I am never 'too anything' to eat, but I'm real close". I had my back to the street. Bob was looking over my shoulder. I saw his mouth drop open. His eyes popped out and he dropped his plate and just stood there. I turned around and there, coming into the lot, was Brother Brody, the brother that had helped more people into the truth than anyone I know, and from his wheelchair at that.Now, he didn't drive to the Kingdom Hall. He didn't walk. He didn't run either. He was skipping! Like a little kid, he was skipping and chuckling. He had a smile so big I thought the corners of his mouth were going to get caught on his ears. The sisters shrieked and shrieked with excitement. The brothers mostly stood there laughing and wagging their heads, and pointing. I think a lot of tears were dripping into a lot of food about then.

Towards the end of the day a brother came from the next congregation to ours. He brought a 2-way radio and we talked to four different congregations that first day and we made plans to meet the next day at the Assembly Hall. We heard that one brother had contacted Patterson by ham radio but nobody knew any more than that.

That night we built a campfire right there in the parking lot. I was standing there by the crackling fire watching the shadows and the fire light dancing on all the smiling faces. Jerry turned to me and said
    thoughtfully, "What are you thinking about, my brother?". "Life" I said, "Life just seems so delicious!". We played kingdom songs on the stereos in the motor homes with speakers outside and we all sang song after song and each stood up and told his story of how Jehovah had saved them. That is when it happened ... what everyone alive on earth that day will remember forever and ever.

There was a swirling warm breeze that seemed to engulf us. And who could ever forget that enormous pillar of fire up in the sky slowly spinning around. Tongues of fire kept departing from it in a circular motion as it
    turned and showered down in all directions. We all sat there transfixed in amazement as some of those tongues of fire came right toward us and were distributed around to each one of us. Then there was that thundering, resonant voice from the heavens. You could feel it reverberating right through you, but we weren't afraid. There was a calm that settled down over all of us. The voice said, "YOU ARE MY FAITHFUL WITNESSES AND I AM JEHOVAH. I WILL POUR OUT MY BLESSINGS UPON YOU BEYOND WHAT YOU CAN DREAM."

Carlos, a brother from the Spanish congregation, stood up and raised his palms as high as he could and said, "Praise be to Jehovah, we will serve him forever". And he began relating prophecies that we had all just seen fulfilled. I ran over to him and said, "Carlos, Carlos my brother, how is it that I can understand what you are saying?" "I don't know" he said, "How is it that I can understand you?" Then all the brothers and sisters from the Spanish congregation came running over and started hugging all of us and we all were hugging each one of them. And we, all at once, were talking and talking and talking. And many were praising Jehovah for his wonderful unifying gift.

We had gone to neighboring houses to find stuff to burn in our fire. It seemed funny going up to those vacant houses. We didn't knock. We would just open the door and say "Oh, 'I'm not interested', You say? You have
    your own religion? Too bad, too bad, you great city, for in one hour your judgment came." We even brought back a couple of signs for the fire. One said, "No peddlers or agents". And one said "Beware of dog." We laughed long and hard as we pitched them into the fire.

We kept celebrating into the wee hours of the night. Nobody wanted to go home even if they had one. This seemed more like our home, and more like our family, than ever before. Finally, towards morning many of the friends started falling asleep.

I walked over to Don who was still wide awake. I said, "Don, do you think the Israelites were this happy after they crossed the Red Sea?" He looked at me thoughtfully as he ran his hand through his silver hair. But his hair didn't look so silver to me. I thought maybe it was the golden light from the fire. He said, "Happy? I'm sure they were. But I don't think any human ever felt like every one of Jehovah's people do this day. You know", he said, "I will always remember this as "Day One" of forever!"

By Mark Tjernell

Of course, Mark may not be aware that things would "probably not" work out in such an idealistic way! Perhaps more likely is the following scenario, presented by a former JW who is very familiar with the day-to-day peculiarities of life in the already existing New World Society!

go to the Day After (alternate version)
    back to Bethel pages

• megs
    megs

Now THAT was painful to read...

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

what really irked me in 75 was that my father an elder, said well we don't serve Jehovah for a specific date, so the Big A didn't come, it will when God wants to do it. And yet give me a break he and me mom and us as a family discussed this subjuct at length. My dad every week at family study when over plans as to what to say to authorites when they come knocking on your door asking for brother or sister so and so address and how not to give up under persecution no matter what. Rely completely upon JG and the organization as she is our mother and the F&D slaves class knows what they are talking about.\

What a huge big joke. my dad and mom were huge advocates of 75 as was all JW's no matter how much they try and deny it.

Even the GB as we have heard them say 1975 was the end. And the milluneium reign of Christ was to start in the fall of 75 as all biblical events occur in the fall.

What a laugh. What a joke, I was sick and I co erced my self into believing it was okay that 75 was not the end and we serve God all our lives no matter what date or not.

Yep that is why so many older JWs sold off their homes and properties and gave up money to the WTS what a bash that must have been for many an older JW and even to this day. There still that stigmatism of 1975 in hearts of all of JWs.

And then their justifacation and the change of the generation, barf barf barf. Many a witness was bitter and I can't blame them. God in the past when he set a certain date it came to pass as he prophesied. Yet the WTS GB couldn't and can't even come close to knowing the time day or hour. and maybe it has already happened during the time of Rome and its great empire. I feel my spine and hackle go up when someone has done something dramatic in their lives for the sake of 75.

God's dates are not wrong its mans dates that are wrong.

and until athe WTBTS except that they are just a bunch or morons.

Orangefatcat gave up a career in medicince because of 1975,

I am now sharpping my claws.alt notice how sharp t hey are.........gurrrrrrrrr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit