Watchtower= Poor kid donates his only pig to Society what about you? W.T.F!

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Here's some additional documentation right from the WT for any lurkers who might think that I don't know what I'm talking about in my earlier explanation of the events in Acts chaps 2 & 4:

*** w90 12/1 pp. 24-25 How Jehovah Prospers His Work ***

At

Pentecost early Christians held all things in common. Do Jehovah’s Witnesses do this?

An emergency situation arose following Pentecost 33 C.E. when Jews from distant places who had recently been converted to Christianity remained in Jerusalem to take in further spiritual enlightenment. They needed temporary housing and feeding; hence, local Christians conducted a voluntary sale of property and a common sharing of the proceeds to provide for an extended period of fellowship. (Acts 2:1, 38-47; 4:32-37) No one was forced to sell or donate. (Acts 5:1-4) This holding of things in common was not communism, as some suppose. It was merely a temporary arrangement. When the Christians went back to their own homes, it ceased.

Clearly, even JWs themselves acknowledge that their "organization" isn't based on a "communal ownership of property" as was briefly described early in Acts.

B the X

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm

What financial contributions are expected of those attending meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Regarding money contributions, the apostle Paul said: "Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." ( 2 Corinthians 9:7 ) At the Kingdom Halls and convention auditoriums of Jehovah's Witnesses, no collections are ever taken. Boxes are placed so that it is convenient for any who wish to contribute to do so. No one knows what or if others give. Some are able to give more than others; some may not be able to give anything. Jesus showed the right view when he commented on the treasury box at the temple in Jerusalem and those contributing: It is one's capacity to give and the spirit of giving that count, not the amount of money.— Luke 21:1-4 .

At the Kingdom Halls and convention auditoriums of Jehovah's Witnesses, no collections are ever taken. Boxes are placed so that it is convenient for any who wish to contribute to do so. No one knows what or if others give.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why donate the pig to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund? That would be an insult to the pig.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

context much?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Brothers are made to feel guilty....Convention accounts reports!!!......Also I think asking people to donate their Life Insurance and Wills AND HOMES to the Watchtower Society makes them a bunch of leeches! They have Billions of dollars, how much do they need for their "volunteer" workers. It's like a hungry Octopus that can't stop feeding.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There are too many pigs in Crooklyn already.

I have no objection to slaughtering them. Just as long as they are properly BLED first.

HB

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm

What financial contributions are expected of those attending meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Regarding money contributions, the apostle Paul said: "Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." ( 2 Corinthians 9:7 ) At the Kingdom Halls and convention auditoriums of Jehovah's Witnesses, no collections are ever taken. Boxes are placed so that it is convenient for any who wish to contribute to do so. No one knows what or if others give. Some are able to give more than others; some may not be able to give anything. Jesus showed the right view when he commented on the treasury box at the temple in Jerusalem and those contributing: It is one's capacity to give and the spirit of giving that count, not the amount of money.— Luke 21:1-4 .

What I think is interesting is they make such a big deal about how "no collections are taken" but it is repeatedly mentioned from the platform and the literature about donating. I've attended another church a few Sundays in a row now and while true they pass around a collection bag during one of the songs - no mention is made that they are doing it and no mention has been made from the pastor about we should put anything in. So there was actually MORE being said about donating at the Kingdom Hall then the one I'm currently attending.

Jeremiah

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit