ok, its been bout 11 years, i think i want to start dating

by orbison11 20 Replies latest social relationships

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Avi is offering you to hang out with him??? Girl, yes....u wanna do that!!!

• orbison11
    orbison11

lol, who is this avari guy anyway???

is he a major player or something,,,well he did mention he has a friend,,,,

orb

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Note to Orbi: He's the cute guy above!LOL!

• orbison11
    orbison11

ok avi,,,how old is your friend???

does he have a pension? pool?

thanks

lol

orb

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    does he have a pension? pool?

LOL! First you just wanted a date, now you want a pension and a pool! My, how our expectations have risen in the last 6 posts!

• avishai
    avishai

He has one of those new school doughboy inflatable type pools, no pension, but owns his own house and has an income. And,he's the exact same age as me!! Like, exactly!

• caliber
    caliber

Avishai,

Does your identical twin live quite near you too ? tee hee hee !

Caliber

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, he's a real pain in the ass...

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Lots of good suggestions so far...

I would like to defend the 'online dating' method. That's how I met my wife.

Online dating is not meant (in my opinion) to be a 100% matching service. All it is meant to be is an 'introduction service'. The rest is up to you.

As for the lady that invited a fella to her apartment... stupid. You should never do that - until you get to know the person really well.

What you will find with online dating is that there are many out there that do not tell quite 100% truths about themselves... they usually start by posting photos from years ago - or from 'Glamour Shots'.

With online dating - you will kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

If you agree to meet someone - always go to a local coffee shop - or place where you can sit and talk - and get to know the individual - over a cup of non-alcoholic drink. This eliminates noisy bars... unless you want to see what the individual looks like drunk.

Good Luck,

Jim TX

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I'm just now starting to date as again as well. The best advice I got was to not try so hard. You will meet someone when you least expect it. I did and she ended up asking me out. So far we are having a great time together.

Divorce can really mess you up. Believe me I know. It takes a while to get over the hurt and to get comfortable with yourself again. Sounds like you're ready. Just give it time and it will happen. Try joining a local gym or dance class. Get out and do activities. Bike riding, hiking, geocaching. This may help you meet people with the same interest as you.

Good luck. If you're ever in West Virginia look me up : )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit