Bible studies with baptized publishers?

by wha happened? 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My wife went to a meeting today. 1st one in 3 months. I never fight it and she never invites me. She attends, gets annoyed and we're good for another 3 months.

She texts me 5 minutes after I dropped her off. Apparently since she's fairly inactive they assumed she was a study. When she told them that she was baptized they still offered to study with her.

Does this make sense? Studies offered to baptized publishers? Is this a new campaign to strengthen up the "weak ones"?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I too failed to see the point of studying with baptized pubs when they have been baptized for a few years.

Wouldn't it be better to get at the root of the problem that is keeping people away than to figure a study to be a...what's that word for "a cure for everything?" Panacea?

It's not lack of book knowledge that is keeping people away.

It's BORDOM, CONTROL and IRRELEVANCE that is doing it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I just got off the phone with a friend who is inactive as well. She stated that it's a typical move from an organization that feels it needs to circle the wagons. So inside the camp all publishers who are weak or inactive are now suspect.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually in order to be able to count time, a publisher has to be assigned by the elders to study with an inactive person.

*** km 2/01 p. 4 par. 11 Make Known Jehovah’s Name and Dealings ***The Congregation Service Committee will take the lead in arranging for shepherding calls to be made on all inactive ones. If it is determined that the individual would benefit from a personal Bible study, the service overseer will arrange for assistance, after consulting with other members of the service committee as to who would be best suited to conduct the study. Although it may not be necessary to have the study for a prolonged period of time, the one assigned to conduct it may report the time, return visits, and Bible study.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

It's another excuse for an Elder or his wife to get very easy "slime"time.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It strikes me as odd. Well I suppose there may be an invite coming in my direction as my wife will tell them she's married to an inactive JW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ok so I pick up wifey. She said that an elder approached her after a sister realized she was baptized. He said that he could arrange a study. My wife declined. They asked about her boyfriend. "We haven't seen u in a while where is your boyfriend"? Wife responds that boyfriend is in fact her husband.

I told her that the assumption in the cong was that I was your boyfriend because I had a goatie. Of course they assumed she was weak and she and had a worldly boyfriend. When they learned we were married it only added to speculation. I'm sure at the next meeting they will learn I'm baptized. I told wifey that I don't want a shepherding call.

Today was nice despite the meeting. If they wander over hear I'll avoid them

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

There getting pretty desparate to keep the ones they have left now....

Yes, there were so called spiritual sisters they would assign to study with weaker ones....in our cong. It really

made me laugh as to who they used, someone with lots of problems of their own

h4o

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't mean to belittle but I purposely chose this congregation because the elder body are a bunch of janitors.

They have nothing to offer my well educated wife.

I guess as the worldly one I'll have quite the conversation with them.

• wobble
    wobble

It would be tempting to me to accept the offer of a study as it would give the opportunity to introduce an active witness to the Truth.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit