When children leave the "Truth" it breaks the hearts of their parents.

by TooBad TooSad 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Yes yes the parents are so sad.

The only hope JW parents have is if we would die before Armageddon.

Poor things.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Although my parents are starting to realize that I'm drawing away from the bOrganization, that isn't what breaks their hearts.

When I show my parents every new story published on the JW pedophile scandals, that breaks their hearts. When they see that I've done everything in my life up to this point for Hojovah and his Botchtower, and that now I have zero to show for it, that breaks their hearts. It's very painful for them, but they're starting to fit together that the Botchtower isn't the same as Truth.

B the X

• JK666
    JK666

You nailed it.

I wish I could have caught on prior to becoming a middle aged freak.

JK

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It breaks the parents hearts,because the WBT$ say`s so............The truth is.....If a child leaves the Cult..JW parents will turn on their children,like rabid dogs..................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

If the WT would quit telling parents that their hearts will break if little Johnny and little Suzie leave the truth, it probably wouldn't be as painful for them to deal with.

I see the power of suggestion at work here.

• sullengirl0108
    sullengirl0108

You know this whole thing with breaking your parents heart is a little much. There has to come a time..when kids are no longer kids. You no longer have to do what your parents do. And that scares the crap out of most parents because they know as soon as a person starts to think for themselves all bets are off.

The other day, I was having a pleasant convo with my mom (I am 34 she is 54) just to clarify. We talk all the time by phone because i live in NY and she is in FL. I was real sick...sinus, flu vomiting...not to mention I am pregnant. So I tell her that my hubby is at work and that I am alone. She is like "call the brothers"

Why? I haven't been to a meeting in months...she knows this. I keep telling her to stop asking me to do that for every little thing. Especially now that I am sick and the last thing I need is soup and a speech.

She starts crying, weeping even...asking me "What happened to you?"

It's like. OK. Enough already. I love my mom but there is only so much guilt I am willing to take.

• james220
    james220

yer you got it completely right,

it is so stupid what the elders say what you can and can not do as a child, and from personal experience, it is so hard growing up as a JW not going to birthday partys not having christmas, and everyone around school is talking about their birthdays and what they got for christmas, you feel left out, not being able to say what you got. and the bullying which you can recieve because of it is really bad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit