When children leave the "Truth" it breaks the hearts of their parents.

by TooBad TooSad 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Last week an elder from the platform said at the KH that "when children leave the "Truth" it breaks the

hearts of their parents." This has been rolling around in my brain and I thought that I would jot down

some notes that prove that his statement is 100% true.

It breaks their parents hearts because:

1. The children can now get a good educatiion and they will be in a position to give their parents some

financial assistence when the parents are retired and need help.

2. The children will not be sitting thru any more butt numbing, mind dulling meetings at the KH.

3. They won't get to go anymore from door to door knocking on doors of people who are not home

to offer literature that people don't want.

4. The children will start to use their brains to think and reason instead of checking them in at the KH door.

5. They won't have elders telling them that their dresses are too short or that their hair is too long, or that

their service hours are too low or what they can and can not do in the marriage bed.

6. They will now celebrate the birthday of their children. (It always amazed me that when a Sister became

pregnant from the KH that there would be a big baby shower and when the baby was born there would be

more gifts for the baby, but come the anniversary of that happy occasion it is now pagan to observe that.)

7. They will if the occasion arise, take whole blood to save their lifes not like the Witnesses who will not take

whole blood but they are allowed to take every freaken fraction that makes up the whole blood. It is like you

can not eat peach pie, however you can eat peaches, sugar, flour, butter, and water.

8. They will not be hearing 50 times a week that the great tribulation is near, close, very soon, so soon, right

around the corner, sooner than we can imagine, or at hand.

9. They will now have family gatherings at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and maybe even send their mom a card

on Mothers Day, and watch fireworks on the fourth of July.

10. They will plan for their retirement so that they will not be a burden on their children in their golden years.

But we all know the real reason why it breaks the hearts of their parents is because:

11. The children who do the above will now be destroyed by our loving God Jehovah at Armageddon with

no hope of the resurrection and the children will not live for a billion years in a paradise earth that is

run and managed by JW's.

Now I feel better.

TooBad TooSad

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Poignantly penned.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Yip - you pretty much summed it up there Too Bad!

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    whole blood but they are allowed to take every freaken fraction that makes up the whole blood.
    It is like you can not eat peach pie, however you can eat peaches, sugar, flour, butter, and water.

LOL!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

• dawg
    dawg

Same freaking guilt trip I get from parents every time I see them... Lord!

• dinah
    dinah

I hear ya Dawg. At least my mom doesn't pull that on me anymore. I know it did break her heart when I was df'd, because she is convinced God will kill me (in 2 or 3 years )

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good point Too Bad, quite the sick indoctrination they go through, and it also breaks the hearts of the leaders too since they in fact lose a controlled servant and slave.

And their power base is weakened.

Maybe another reason the parents hearts are broken also is perhaps their children are in fact more intellectually honest than they are.

It broke my heart that my parents were so stupidly dishonest and naive, to be taken in by these crooks.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I think it probably does break their hearts. I imagine some parents suffer terribly because they feel required to shun their children. Some of those parents are on this forum, now former JWs who have or hope to reunite with their children. Just the same, the child who wakes up and sees the truth can't stay in the org. to keep the parents from experiencing heartbreak. The parent's choice of a religion leads to the heartbreak, not the child. We have to keep that clearly in mind.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Well stated. It did break my heart when my child was dfd many years ago because I was encouraged firmly to shun him. It also caused me to think. I never was very good at it, shunning that is.

The only good thing that ever comes from shunning is that it puts a very personal spin on the terrible destruction of most of the human race. It may actually in some cases start to break the cognitive dissonance that prevents one from really thinking about the horror of it all.

Shame on those who are willing to let others die so they can live forever. Shunning is mind control at its finest. A person who paricipates in his own punishment will come to believe he deserves it. That applies to those who shun and those who passively accept it.

• frisbee
    frisbee

I became a JW at 22 having been raised by good parents with no particular religious beliefs 2 bros and 1 sis who I have almost ignored for 40 years and now feel responsible for the self justification that the org demanded of me to consider them as posile bad association but who have always showed my family love and kindness whenever we have met. They have been called on but never taken any interest. their families are not dysfunctional quite the opposite infact. Good marriages and great kids, more than I can say for many of the witness families I know. This just demonstrates to me that when children leave the truth as my own two girls have done.normality returns to their lives and seeing my grandchildren being raised in a 'normal' home gives me hope and a lot of joy during all my visits, although I am still in, I will never in a zillion years shun my girls whatever the eventual consequences for myself. Perhaps if more people took a stand for this the movement from below might have an impact at the top. Every flip can flop ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit