Late capitalism

by slimboyfat 42 Replies latest social current

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Slim,

I just watch the news and read my history. Maybe it will just blow over, but it feels dangerous.

As dangerous as the Black death which killed 30% of the population of Europe? Imagine the headlines if that happened today.

Humans have been proved throughout history to have an enormous capacity to survive even the most catastrophic events, not that I think the things that lie are ahead are as bleak as you suggest. It is true that we are living through precarious political and social times in many parts of the earth, but these things have a way of working themselves out.

When you get apprehensive like this Slim, turn the news off and have a good game of football. Whatever will happen will happen, and if humakind is wiped off the face of the planet, well so much the better. The animals will make much better use of the place than we have, and all signs of humanity will be extinguished by nature with a couple of hundred years anyway.

HS

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Can't stand football Mr Step.

Anyway I think it may be time to panic Hollywood style.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iicB80Mwz8w

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Our species has enough flexibility to adapt.

The end is not near.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well hooray for the species!

And in the meantime what about you and me, our families, and the people we know?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    And in the meantime what about you and me, our families, and the people we know?

Obviously my meantime will be longer than yours. Life expectancy in Afghanistan is dramatically low these days.

So, you still have 17 years to live. I don't know about your family though.

• slimboyfat
  • slimboyfat
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    The animals will make much better use of the place than we have, and all signs of humanity will be extinguished by nature with a couple of hundred years anyway.

HS

and who knows we even get a new set of beings, different from humans but with all their more endearing, enduring qualities and more

• slimboyfat
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Banks have failed before.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit