Do GB members have Holy Spirit when editing WT pictures ?

by aligot ripounsous 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Pictures in the latest two WT study articles left me with an uncomfortable feeling, which leads me to wonder if HS is ever inspiring the GB members in charge (I suppose there are such ones) of editing WT study articles before them being printed.

First, there was that picture last week where a JW man is meant to give his work colleagues a « fine witness » as, during break time, he is reading his Bible, and it is implied that, in doing so, he is triggering the interest of one of his work mates who, at first, looks rather suspicious.

In fact, that JW man is sitting ten steps away from his colleagues and reads his Bible quite ostentatiously. At watching that picture, Instead of thinking of a « fine witness » being given, any onlooker will say that this man’s attitude is pharisaïc and delivers the message that he his holier than all those around who belong to the sinful world and he doesn’t want to mingle with them.

So, one can ask the question : When seeing the picture, wasn’t the GB member in charge inspired by HS to remember Mt. 6 : 1 where Jesus warns his disciples : « Take care not to practice your righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them » and, farther at Mat 6 : 6 « you, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting the door, pray to your father who is in the secret » ?

The second picture was in today’s study article. In the spirit of that article, it shows a JW man, in jail, praying hard, probably in behalf of his persecutors. Now, it doesn’t seem that that man has been so ill treated because his shirt is impeccable, he is neatly shaved and his hair nicely cut, combed and sprayed.

I wonder what the poor JWs who are currently rotting in Erythrean jails think of how the GB sees their real plight and if they don’t start suspecting that to these pampered old men the outer world doesn’t go much beyond Manhattan.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

All I could think in today's Watchtower was "Why do we have judicial committees when Jesus told us to "stop judging"".

• oompa
    oompa
    aligot: (I suppose there are such ones)

sorry...WTF??? why would you supose such a thing? please help me understand how I can suppose this too...just a friggin crumb please!........oompa

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

As Bro. Franz said in his book, Governing Body members rarely review the material going out to be published. Also they rarely have time for any Bible study. Most of their meeting times are taken up with elder appointments and discussing what are disfellowshippable offences.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Yes. I remember the picture you mentioned. I had the same feeling. I was thinking: "Stop reading the Bible and go and behave like a human being"

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

"All I could think in today's Watchtower was "Why do we have judicial committees when Jesus told us to "stop judging"". "

then perhaps the elders in Corinth were wrong for listening to pauls counsel :rolleyes:

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Governing Body members rarely review the material going out to be published

HSS,

Wasn't Karl KLEIN assigned to that job ? I'm not privy to GB functioning but I would be surprised that no one (even not belonging formally to the GB) has taken over after he died.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I remember a picture on the front of an Awake magazine years ago. It depicted an Emergency Medical Technician doing CPR on an accident victim. The thing was, he was standing an bent over at the waist and the man was lying on the ground. I remember thinking that this was ludicrous, as your knees would be locked into place and how effective could that be? All pictures I'd ever seen were of people on their knees next to the victim. Sure enough, there were people who wrote in. Remember the questions from readers that used to be in the back of the Awakes?

Well, how come the spirit annointed GB weren't inspired to know that this was incorrect at the outset?

• caliber
    caliber

Pictures in the latest two WT study articles left me with an uncomfortable feeling, which leads me to wonder if HS is ever inspiring the GB members in charge (I suppose there are such ones) of editing WT study articles before them being printed.

At first I thought it said.... wonder if H_S is inspiring the GB( my mind was in a spin for a second). tee hee hee !

Just a cute little friendly joke is all tee hee hee

Caliber

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Oompa and caliber,

The sentence could have been constructed more clearly, I'll try to do better next time, sorry for the risk of misunderstanding, I'm sure readers have rectified for themselves already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit