How Did YOU Personally Feel About "Keeping The Congregation Clean"?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you report others that you either suspected of doing something wrong or knew of that had committed some "wrongdoing"?

The elders regularly tried to lay a "guilt trip" on members by telling them they could personally "hinder God's holy spirit" if they didn't come forward to the elders and either fink on themselves or someone else.

Did you buy into this crap???

• oompa
    oompa

NEVER! If you want to be or feel clean...it is up to YOU!!!.........oompa

• DJK
    DJK

That was other people's reponsibility. I mowed the lawn or shoveled snow once in a while.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Only once......But it was in revenge. he was an elder, had been one since he was 24. Married, perfect family, well behaved children, hotsy totsy wife, big house, flashy everything. He had always had me under his suspicious eye of perhaps living a double life. My ex had turned me in to him, and he did this with the intention of getting together with my ex, we were still married at the time.He was a real lech!!

Well, the time came when the truth about HIM came out. He had been abusing his wife for years. Mentally, emionally and physically. He beat her real bad the last go around and she left him. Took the kids and fled out of state to her folks. He was deleted, and she divocred him. I had nothing to do with any of that.

Next thing ya know, he moves into my neighborhood and my kids, my ex and myself observed him sneaking a woman into his home. He had a regular routine of it. A given day each week. SO, here's the payback. I narced on him to the elders that I knew from his hall and they had a JC on him. Of course my ex and I were there and he called me SELF RIGHTEOUS!!! LMAO on that count. He got df'd and eventually married that chick. She had been married while all of this was going on and her husband commited suicide over it. SICK wasn't it? He eventually got re-inststed and was always arguing with the BOE as to why they wouldn't re-appoint him....DUH!!

NMG

• minimus
    minimus

You were shoveling what??

• White Dove
    White Dove

I craved acceptance and had such an ideal view of things that, yes, I did report someone.

After that, I realized that that was none of my business and a very bad policy.

I never reported anyone for anything ever again.

There was a teenager who I went to school with that put her hand on her non-JW boyfriend's butt and I saw it. I asked my mom what to do and she told me to report it if I didn't want Jah to punish me.

• minimus
    minimus

snitches

• yknot
    yknot

I spoke against two people.

The first person I spoke to the Elders about was my mother's now ex husband regarding bearing false witness and abuse (several times actually). I brought myself, and 3 other witnesses. What happened..... NOTHING....BOYS CLUB....Bet they didn't call legal either!.....needless to say this and other such things is what has caused 'divisions' between me and certain Eldums I make sure I and two other Elder speak to the CO when they are rotated about how he will never be fit for 'privileges' (which he is ever reaching out for).......more then one way to skin a cat........yea...I can be Bee..Itch ....if pushed.

The other was about a girl that had lied (totally over the top stuff too) & gotten my highly sheltered virgin sister DFd, but in the course of throwing my sister under the bus only received a 'reproof'. Sunday following both of their annoncements she was like...HA HA I got away with it and your stupid sister took the fall.....so I had two choices... Beat her dumbass to the ground on the KH front lawn (disappointing my Mama) or turn around march back in the KH and tell the the PO he was pompous ass and what she had just said! ........Caused the biggest scene the KH ever saw! She was DF'd before the next TMS night!.

No regrets.......

As for everyone else....we all have our own tribulations......just make sure you don't drag me or mine into them.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't know about 'keeping the congregation clean' ... our congregation was probably corrupting the surrounding area!

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I never did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit