Can I cover a kingdom song?

by Solace1998 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• yknot
    yknot

Or you could do some covers similar to this http://www.sendspace.com/file/e18ye1

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I'm pretty sure satire trumps copyright.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Gopher:

I was thinking it would be funny if someone put Christmas lyrics or atheist lyrics to some of these songs.

Solace, if you're at all serious about this, go to the UUA website and track down their hymnbook, Singing the Living Tradition. That is precisely what they did to a lot of fine old Victorian and Renaissance hymn tunes, and I know they had all the legal stuff squared away.

gently feral

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Screaming Kingdom Guitars here:

http://www.mybittorrent.com/?keywords=screaming+kingdom+guitars

I don't do bittorrent, but maybe someone can snag it for our listening pleasure.

Back to the subject at hand, you can make yourself the "Weird Al" of the Watchtower. Satire and parody are protected under copywrite law, so change the lyrics a bit to make them "better," and turn your amp to "11"!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I believe one way you can get around this is by performing a "show" which you just happen to invite someone who records your "show". They can then release it and no copyright infringment will take place so long as no one is trying to make money off of it. The bigger question would be though, why would you want to cover it and not make money?

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I believe one way you can get around this is by performing a "show" which you just happen to invite someone who records your "show". They can then release it and no copyright infringment will take place so long as no one is trying to make money off of it. The bigger question would be though, why would you want to cover it and not make money?

• sf
    sf

This thread is PROOF that YOU are not the slightest bit interested in doing any research.

Have a nice stay here at JWD.

sKally

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Are you talking to me?

• yknot
    yknot

Research often leads to discovery, discovery leads to changing one's views.

....mybittorrent is down right now I will check back later.....

Either way....expressing yourself musically is fantastic~

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

are you talking to me skally?

if so, how the heck do justify that comment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit