Salvation by "works" comes from pagan doctrines--by request!

by Atlantis 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Salvation by "works" comes from pagan doctrines--by request! Request from researcher: Can you tell me where the information is at about salvation by works coming from pagan teachings? The Pastor at our church mentioned that when Jehovah's Witnesses go out in their preaching work because they are under Watchtower "obligation," and don't preach out of a sincere desire or heart condition, then they are being deceived to "work" out their salvation which comes from pagan doctrines. Thanks. ************************************************************ My comments: Thank you for your request! The Watchtower Society defend many of their beliefs by referring JW members to the book called, "The Two Babylons." Jehovah's Witnesses have always been expected to accept this book as "fact" especially concerning holidays, celebrations, the trinity, the cross, pagan practices, pagan gods, and so forth. If the word "pagan" comes up in JW conversation, sooner or later, that book will be used as a reference. The little "detail" the Watchtower hoped JW's would not notice, was the fact that this very same book describes the doctrine of "justification-by-works," (such as "working-out-my-salvation" by the works I do for the Watchtower Society to make God happy), as also having a pagan origin. Watchtower-1982-August-1-p.22 " Help meek ones to make their minds over, to become rich in fine works, and to remain forever on a paradise earth. (Psalm 37:11, 29) Help them to work out their salvation as you keep working out your own." Chaldean doctrine was, that it was by works and merits of men themselves, that they must be justified and accepted of God." "In the 'Metamorphoses' of Apuleius, who was himself initiated in the Mysteries of Isis, we find this same doctrine of human merits distinctly set forth." Chaldean doctrine? Awake-2005-August-8-p.18 A Long History of Failure The Bible highlights the connection between Babylon and astrology, and several times it makes reference to Babylonian astrologers. (Daniel 4:7; 5:7, 11) In the days of the prophet Daniel, astrology was so widespread in Chaldea (Babylonia) that using the term “Chaldeans” was practically the same as referring to astrologers. How can anyone claim to be serving God if they are following doctrines of astrologers? If you need a copy of "The Two Babylons" click here: http://books.google.com/books?id=GooEAAAAQAAJ&dq=Mr.+Ouvaroff&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1 Your Pastor might also want this document for office records. I will scan you a better copy and send you another [ pm ]. A simple and kind way to assist a JW to investigate on his/her own, instead of them just blindly taking the Watchtower Society's word, is to ask the JW one simple question. That question is: Do you believe the "governing body" of the Watchtower have always told the truth to the best of their ability? In almost every case the JW is going to answer that question with a definite, Yes! Then say: Then you believe that they were telling the truth in court under "oath" when they testified to being false prophets! Can anyone "work-out-their-salvation" by following a false prophet? Back to the point now. A false prophesy was promulgated?

A.I agree that.

Q.It had to be accepted by Jehovah's Witnesses?

A.That is correct.

Q. If a member of Jehovah's Witnesses took the view himself that that prophesy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshipped?

A.Yes, if he said so and kept persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole organization believes one thing, even though it be erroneous and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across then there is disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony, there cannot be marching. When a change comes it should come from the proper source, the head of the organization, the governing body, not from the bottom upwards, because everybody would have ideas, and the organization would disintegrate and go in a thousand different directions. Our purpose is to have unity.

Douglas Walsh Trial-p.-347-Covington-Cross

I hope this helps some in your research!

N.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

lol "work out your salvation" = works = salvation?

are you serious???

just because they sound somewhat alike, doesnt mean to ignore the context and meaning in society.

to "work something out" can have a myriad of meanings.

amazing so much research went into such a thing, and came up wrong.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Solace1998:

Thank you!

N.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

always nice to have a beer :)

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Good work!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I find that the information you give is very interesting, things I have never seen before.

Am I safe to assume that people write to you with questions? And then you give all this awesome

research. Just curious...

cheers

hope4others

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hamilcarr:

Thank you for your kindness!

N.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hope4Others:

Thank you so very much for your interest! Atlantis and I are "not" known, per-say, we are "nobodies." People from all over the world know the name "Randy Watters" and are actually writing messages to him.

However, when Randy is busy with the "Free Minds Journal" he sends his emails to volunteers, like us, who assist with answering these emails. Jehovah's Witnesses and others from all over the world who are wanting to leave the Watchtower, or want information about the Watchtower write to Randy.

Randy then sends the email to a volunteer who answers the email. We request that the person "register" here at JWD to receive our comments as well as others, which will give them more choices to help them in their research.

Anyone here can volunteer to help Randy and this is all done on a confidential basis. Noone ever knows any personal information, unless they want to provide it.

In the years we have been doing this, Randy has received letters from Corporation Presidents, members of Congress, CEO's, Doctors, Attorneys, the Vatican, Monks, the Military all 4 branches, and Jehovah's Witnesses in very high rank of the Watchtower Society.

Yes, even Bethel! There are those in Bethel who would like to leave to. Many stay only to keep peace with family. They feel like slaves.

Atlantis and I stay (underground) and are just old farming folks!

If you would like to assist Jehovah's Witnesses on a "one-on-one" basis, or help people from all walks of life and from all over the world, then please consider giving Randy a hand.

[email protected]

Thank you so much!

Nevada & Atlantis!

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Why do I like you guys even more after reading that…………

Thanks for sharing that info……..

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Mr. Majestic:

Thank you my friend! We like you to! Have a pot of tea brewing! Sit a spell and have some blueberry pie!

N.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit