The real you. . .

by John Doe 34 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Pfft, Descartes was an elitist. A rebel elitist, but an elitist just the same. The catchier phrases are Latin phrases and he knew it. The Irish were probably laughing thier asses off at his misuse of Latin.

That phrase is the only thing I know about him, and you have to admit he has a point.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    you will never know the real me -- you are too hurt and/or afraid to see it.

Why do you say that? I'm neither hurt nor afraid of anything at this point in my life.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I thought you went to bed along time ago....

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I thought you went to bed along time ago....

I had every intention of going to bed 4 hours ago, and I've lain down twice. Sleep just isn't catching tonight.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The real me plays in the wind. I sit on the sand and have builded fine systems of channels through which the waters shall pulse. And towers for the imaginary men whose acts my dreams fulfill of important constructions and projects. I was not called upon to create a religion - there was only the sun - but I made good use of water anyway. Pure and clear and quenching to the touch. I had taken my shoes and socks off. God let me rest then play in the sunshine of your ambiguous existence.

• amicus
    amicus
    have to admit he has a point.

Yep, I admit it...he had a point. But the time he lived in was probably suckier than ours. Another 100 years and we are all probably going to say, "Damn, remember when JD quoted Descartes to us"?.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

the real me never sleeps

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I don't think i'll be around that long Amicus...have you found the fountain of youth or something?

h40

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

amicus

Pfft, Descartes was an elitist. A rebel elitist, but an elitist just the same. The catchier phrases are Latin phrases and he knew it. The Irish were probably laughing thier asses off at his misuse of Latin.

harldly know anything about Descartes - so please humour me - why do you say Descartes was elitist? Unless this is an Irish joke that I haven't caught on to

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The real me: the ultimate oxymoron?

"I" am a bubble of amazed, terrified or playful fiction born from the "real" and about to burst into it again...

The famous Freudian motto, wo Es war, soll Ich werden (where It was, there I must come to be) calls for its opposite: wo Ich war, soll Es werden (where I was, there It must come to be)... vanishing traces in the sand for other "I"s to play with...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit