They've been comin' around the neighborhood

by BlackSwan of Memphis 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Robdar
    Robdar

Black Swan:

So, I said "Yeah, uhm, I'm an apostate." The big grins dissapeared and they walked away.

I love it. Heh, you should have chased them down the street. It would have given them nightmares for weeks.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    Heh, you should have chased them down the street

that made me giggle

so swan, i agree with both your approaches!
    the young fellows were likely bored to tears
    so you made their day... or at least their moment!

and yeah... what point is there is rufffling the feathers
    of some elderly woman who possibly doesnt have another
    thing going on in her life to make her feel useful?

i live so rurally that there is no other collective
    of dubs likely to ever knock on this door, since
    we all attended the same KH... no fun for me, i see!

• Sway
    Sway

If the JWs come to my door I am polite and tell them I'm not interested and have them leave as quickly as possible. I could argue with them but they took years from my life, why even give them a few more minutes of my time? Actually, if it's witnesses or someone else I don't want to talk to, I don't even bother answering the door. Eventually they go away.

I have a younger cousin (never a witness) who used to play Black Sabbath music and act crazy when the JWs came to his door. It was funny, but yes, just reinforces the JWs belief structure.

• badboy
    badboy

YOU COULDN'T SEND ME AROUND MY WAY

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    YOU COULDN'T SEND ME AROUND MY WAY

huh?

If the JWs come to my door I am polite and tell them I'm not interested and have them leave as quickly as possible. I could argue with them but they took years from my life, why even give them a few more minutes of my time? Actually, if it's witnesses or someone else I don't want to talk to, I don't even bother answering the door. Eventually they go away.

I have a younger cousin (never a witness) who used to play Black Sabbath music and act crazy when the JWs came to his door. It was funny, but yes, just reinforces the JWs belief structure.

Exactly. I hear of people who talk about showing up at the door naked or doing something absurd, and I think...if I were a witness, that would reinforce my beliefs.

I love it. Heh, you should have chased them down the street. It would have given them nightmares for weeks.

Heh, yeaaah, that would have. Ultimately keeping them IN the organization, as they would be terrified for years to come that they would end up just like the crazy apostate that lives on that street.

i live so rurally that there is no other collective
    of dubs likely to ever knock on this door, since
    we all attended the same KH... no fun for me, i see!

Sheesh, I think I need to move. Ya know, the thing that annoys me MORE is that I HAVE a sign on my door, that came from the city that prohibits solicitors. And wouldn't ya know, in a one month span AT&T visited our home, knocking on our door 4 times. That doesn't count the other solicitors who have stood on my porch. Good grief! I swear the next time they show up I am going to point at the sign and tell them to read it out loud. And when they're done I'll tell them... The next time you knock on my door, I WILL call the police. OR at least sic my shih tzu on you.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Swan,

Maybe with the dumbing down of society and the JW's too, maybe they don't understand what the word "solicitors" means.

You might have to add an extra sign saying " * this means anyone trying to promote products or ideas ".

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Maybe with the dumbing down of society and the JW's too, maybe they don't understand what the word "solicitors" means.

You might have to add an extra sign saying " * this means anyone trying to promote products or ideas ".

LOL

Not a bad idea. I have to say it really amazes me the way they can look at it and knock anyway.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

The dubs must be lazy in Charlotte, going on 5 years now and I have only had one JW run in. The one time it did happen I wasn't at my house. I keep waiting for the knock one Saturday morning but it never comes.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

So, I said "Yeah, uhm, I'm an apostate." The big grins dissapeared and they walked away.

Bravo good madam bravo

ROFLMBAO

• Honesty
    Honesty

Next time they come around give them my address.

I would like for them to explain some of their doctrines to me...

Being NO Part of the world

The YMCA

The UN

The Jehovah's Witnesses haven't knocked on my door or left any of their good literature here for over 4 years.

Come to think about it...

That's about the time my name was announced one Thursday night, Hmmmmmm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit