There can be NOONE who has used their brain LESS... factually.

by New light for you 23 Replies latest jw friends

• New light for you
    New light for you

So.... i'm thinking. I'm thinking cuz i was at my shrink's today... and i'm cleaning... those 2 things get my brain working and i was thinking....

I am (was) a JW (ex) who is a housewife, "at home mom". Could there POSSIBLY be ANYONE ELSE in the whole FRIGGIN WORLD who has ever used their brain LESS??? honestly... even that tribe they found in the amazon... they could hunt and catch their food. See, i dont even know where that is cuz i've NEVER HAD TO THINK!!!

Oh my gosh! What a realization!! I couldn't go to college, cuz we were "good"... and then your every thought and opinion was predetermined. Then also in my own life... I havn't written a check except for a few school pictures in 10 years. I wouldn't know how to pay a bill in this day and age, or how many there are or what they could be for. In fact, i dont even know what else there is to being alive than chasing around children who wont listen to me, and cleaning the house.AND THATS NOT CUTE! and it DOESN"T mean "oh she's got it good"(i'm not denying that it's nice to not have worries, but worries is not the issue). it means that I've never had to think .... Where do you even start?

This CANNOT be what life is about. But, i have NOT allowed my brain to function, practically, religiously, philosophcally, politically (?) but see, i dont even know what is out there TO ponder!!

Anyway... it's amazing what you can come up with while scrubbing toilets.... this CANT be my destiny.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Congratulations on your realization. You control your destiny. I hope you find something to challenge you and add excitement to your life.

• oompa
    oompa

((((new light)))).......all is not lost girl. You have used your brain, and DO SO far more than you are giving yourself credit for. If you want to do more with it that is fine too, but I have never really seen amount of brain use come up much in conversation!!..lol....and none of us did the other night....and you did not seem like a dumb blond. Being a JW LIMITS the use of the brain because so many subjects are considered pointless. So start watching the news more......learn politics a bit if you want. And READ! And get robert7 to hand over.....gradually.......and something tells me he will not want to do this..lol....the family finances. Just learning that entire process, and the new or old methods of paying and tracking bills...and investing what's left would be very good for you......and btw I hate it and have a savy wife thank god.

You contribute soooo much every day to caring for two little kids and a clumsy husband...lmao!!! But I can tell Robert7 is very hands on....very.. (mini-fridge??)....... because he may be so good at caring for so many things.....and that can be a good thing....that it may leave you feeling like you have not been using the brain so much. If he really wants to handle so much, it may just give you the chance to find even more interesting things to develop interest in......however I think learning the family finances is a good place to start just because you need to know it..........good luck........oompa

you may be an architect and not know it yet

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Go to college online...

Read books (not just exJW ones, although you definitely need to read the key ones)

Do your homework, not just your housework.

• New light for you
    New light for you

OOMP!- you know i love you... even for scarring my clumsey husband for life!! Thank you, and i really should know at least what the bills are and how that all works "in case" kinda stuff.... when you have a clumsey husband, you should be prepared!!

A@G- i LOVE the homework/housework line... yes. i'm really thinkin about trying some online courses... it's SO scarey! I cant believe how..nieve i feel about it.. i gotta get my guts up! Thanks!

• oompa
    oompa
    newlight: OOMP!- you know i love you... even for scarring my clumsey husband for life!!

so sorry about that girl...but he only saw me naked for a sec!

• JK666
    JK666

New Light,

Maybe Oompa used his brain less, he was impaired!

JK

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

What kind of books did you read before you had kids?

Books are great, I've found, because you can use them to escape from reality and/or to learn how to live in reality.

Sometimes they're good for replacing the center bedleg, too, but use the ones you've already read for that, okay?

• amicus
    amicus
    even that tribe they found in the amazon

I would suspect they use their brains quite a bit. Just imagine the knowledge of herbology alone that must be committed to memory so it's not lost.

I know that dosen't help...but think about it, no writing and so many skills that are vital to maintain their precarious existence that need to be learned and then passed down to future generations.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If you're an exjw, you had to use your brain at some point. Go to school. It will change your life. If you can keep an organized home with a husband and children, you can do just about anything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit