My Draft DA Letter - What do you think?

by daniel-p 33 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Sounds good. I wish i could do something like that.

Paul

• dawg
    dawg

str8 says...

"Yay to disassociating!

If anything, it was the step I am proudest of in my exit from the JWs. They may try still to discuss it with you further, but stand firm".....

And I concur, the letter is great... I hope all goes well.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Same here. It gives you the final word and they won't hound you anymore. Otherwise, you will either attempt to fade and be seen as "weak" and always worried when the elders will come around to haul you back into the KH. Disfellowshipping gives them the power to cast you out. Disassociating gives you the power to tell them to GET LOST!

Send the letter!

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Great Letter

Kingdom halls don't have mail boxes do they?

If a great number of us sent letters to the hall anonomisly stating we were still a member in good standing but had apostate beliefs (true knowledge) and naming this knowledge in the letter. And our plan to spread this info to fellow publishers in covert maners. Sign it. Happy Hunting Catch me if you can. At the same time send some very short letters to the r&f i.e. one point, one web address! A histeria among the elders could occure.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Fine example of intelligent discourse:

?Proplog2, you can't excape your reputation. And what the heck?! You said you were going to
    leave JWD permanently... Why do you think things are going to be different now? You were a
    troll then and you're a troll now... you just took a hiatus.

Proplog2... I distinctly remember when you left JWD due to no one taking your trolling posts
    seriously. You're back, because.... ? You should have named yourself Proplog3, then we'd
    KNOW we weren't completely wasting our time reading or replying to your posts.

He's just reliving the time when he had a shred of respectability around here... 7 years ago! Prop,
    you're one of the biggest trolls I've ever seen on here, and also a hypocrit for saying you were
    permanently leaving and then coming back and bumping all your old threads shamelessly. I've
    NEVER bumped one of my own threads--no matter how important I felt about the topic.

Proplog, you are so full of shit its unbelievable. I actually was a Bethelite, were you? Do you
    know what its like to be encouraged ALL YOUR LIFE to go there and then be let go for no good
    reason? No, of course not... Your JW apologist garbage is reaching fresh heights.

Proplog2, despite you being merely a grade-A troll, I would still like to point out that there are
    many deceptions on many different levels regarding those pursuing Bethel service.

For a person who certainly was never a Bethelite, and who was probably never even a JW, you
    have a lot to say about it all. Your "crusade" or whatever you want to call it just makes you look
    like an Asberger's Syndrome sufferer.

People, proplog is a troll. The reason this thread is pages and pages long is because he
    deliberately incites indignation to fulfill his own delusional "agenda": to make lurkers aware that
    we're actually all frothing-at-the-mouth apostates. He's obviously not "with it," and will continue
    to devalue whatever experience you may have. DONT FEED THE TROLLS

If it looks like a troll, acts like a troll, but has over 2000 posts....?

^---And this is the reason why, despite proplog's 2000+ posts... if it looks like a troll, acts like a
    troll, then it probably is a troll.

Aww, we were all just getting started... After you hijacked the thread, asked so many
    well-meaning, irrelevant questions, got a little flustered, now you're done with it?! Come back!
    We need you to feed our blood-thirsty, hating, frothing-at-the-mouth apostate agendas!

^--- You're right--there is no rebuttal to insane jibber-jabber. Proplog is absolutely delusional. I
    wouldn't care but for the fact that he is also a grade-A a$$hole

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Proplog2..You have resurrected 2 of DanielP`s threads.........And..Have posted the same thing word for word,on both threads.....You have also posted the same post on Hillbilly`s thread..DanielP posted there.......Not only are you "Spamming" DanielP..Your stalking him.........Your usual Troll Behaviour,is going to get you tossed off the board......Try to behave,while your a guest here..................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

LOL, Outlaw.

I would prefer my DA letter to say:

Dear 'Brothers'.

I quit.

Regards,

Shamus.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shamus..For some,D/A provides closure........I just walked out and never came back...........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• dobbie
    dobbie

I think its a great letter and similar to the one i sent in that i made sure it was polite and to the point. Whatever you have written, if it feels right to you then send it in. I was much happier d'aing than being constantly hounded and waiting for them to d'f me, i felt i could walk away with my head held high. Hubby is now in a similar situation so if you don't mind i may use some of your letter in the one we write for him! Good on you, it is a massively gutsy decision, (but personally i'd do it again tomorrow it was the right step for me).Good luck!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Just leave my threads alone and there won't be any problems.
    I don't appreciate having someone come on my threads and calling me a troll
    and referring to my stuff as "sh*t" and garbage. I'm capable
    of having an intelligent debate without calling people names.
    Outlaw keeps insinuating that I'm a molester and has followed me
    around harassing me. I even left the board because the administrators
    think this is just harmless fun and refused to stop him. Six months pass.
    I come back on and he takes up where he left off. I have made serious
    contributions to this site and don't deserve to have my threads destroyed
    by these guys. It's no wonder this site is going down.
    If I get kicked off - I'll be back. There are an infinite number of names
    to sign on with. Lots of IP addresses. So Daniel-p and Outlaw - BACK OFF!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit