My Draft DA Letter - What do you think?

by daniel-p 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Its good and kind. And I agree about reversing the order you talk about things so that the whole nonbelieving thing is at the end.

When I wrote my DA letter it was right after I read Crisis and I was certifiable. So...knowing that NOBODY would read it...I said from the get go that I no longer was a Jehovahs Witness and if I caught anybody saying anything to my CHILDREN regarding me I would sue their asses forthwith for defamation. And then I wrote 9 single spaced pages of why I was leaving which I knew no one would read. But it was theraputic for me at the time :)

I sent the letter out to ALL MY FRIENDS first and THEN to the PO because I wasnt yet DAd when my friends got it, so I hoped they would read it. if they did...I never knew.

good luck and let us know what happens!

LD

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think I'll print your letter out and send it to a random KH, unsigned.

lisa

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I don't have any further changes to suggest but I congratulate you for getting the guts up to make this decision. Its hard, but it gets easier, and it makes people think.

Lance

• New light for you
    New light for you

I personally was very impressed. I've been thinking about a letter.... SUCH a hard choice, SO many ramifications.....AAAHHHHH.

Glad to hear you're making a good strong choice for yourself. I do believe it sounds kind and respectful.

Good luck. I wish you the best, cross your fingers , and all those pagan activities that will help get you thru it....

• hot mama
    hot mama

I was very impressed with how kind and thoughtful the letter is. It will give me some ideas on how to write mine when I get the courage to finally do it.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I offer no specific reasons for this. Why? Because I have no interest in affecting the faith of others. We all need to make our own decisions, find our own way, and make our own stand. I have to do what I know is right. In general, because of inconsistency of teachings, falsity of claims, unconscionable policy regarding child abuse, and repeated reversals of doctrine, I can no longer place my faith in this religion.

cheers to that Daniel.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think I'll print your letter out and send it to a random KH, unsigned.

lisa

What a funny idea! Could you imagine if every congregation got an anonymous DA letter or two once a year. They would be scrambling trying to figue out who the traitor was. Just the thought of the elders trying to play detective makes me laugh. Cog ps: Nice DA letter by the way. One of the better ones I've read.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Welcome to the DA Club!

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Yay to disassociating!

If anything, it was the step I am proudest of in my exit from the JWs. They may try still to discuss it with you further, but stand firm.

Much Love

Rob

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

DONT DO IT!!!!! I did this, and i wish i could take back the control it gave them. All it does it give them power over your life. Why on earth do you feel you need to RESIGN from a FAKE religion? What the heck? You will be ostracized, reviled, shuned, hated, plus your family, mistreated, for FOREVER. They have NO right to do that to you, do NOT give them that power. Do NOT do it. NO NO NO NO NO. NO .. Stop now. Dont do it. I thought I needed closure, I thought I needed to "take a stand for what was right." No one in my hall even KNOWS what happened or that i even left on my own free will, most think I was booted. Just stop going, you have no reason to do this.

burningbridges

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit