Pioneers who SNEER at those who have "Meterial things" Pathetic!!

by Witness 007 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• donny
    donny

I saw a lot of this too in the congregation I attended. Unfortunately for me, my ex-wife was one of those who liked to dress expensively. Not that dressing that way is bad, but it often exceeded my income. She would often talk disparingly about those who wore "sun dresses" to the meeting. At gatherings the witnesses often divided themselves between the haves and have nots and usually the have nots felt that they were "closer to Jehovah".

• watching
    watching

Am new here but been reading posts for a long time. Drifted off after a move. . . couldn't hack it anymore. Going to meetings and fighting back tears feeling so alone and empty. Knew it wasn't psychologically healthy for me anymore so I picked up and moved far away. Used to be in a congregation in Manhattan where there were often charts up on the platform delineating "the locals" - those that were not pioneers and "the pioneers" and how many hours, placements, etc. there were in each group. Very encouraging indeed! The congregation never really got together much (unless the Locals had the Pioneers and/or Bethelites over and then they would come and eat your food and then proceed to shun you or talk about you and never reciprocate). I remember the only two times I was invited to anything really was when the Bethelites would use one of the rooms over at Bethel and have a Pioneer Appreciation Day where they would set up a table in the middle of the room and have all the Pioneers from our congregration sit there with corsages/boutonnieres on. It was very much the Locals vs the Holy. It was so depressing and divisive. Just my experiences. Thanks. Watching

• Gill
    Gill

Watching! Welcome to JWD!

The sad fact is that only deluded fools, misfits and malcontents CHOOSE to join the WT Society and only a similar variety of born ins choose to remain.

We can hardly be surprised that their behaviour is so pathetic when their whole lives are sad and wanting.

I am not of the ilk who say that 'but JWs are such nice, kind, lovely, honest people' because I know, for a FACT the the majority are nasty, small minded misfits, in one way or another and that's why they're trapped in an apocalyptic cult!

Sorry, but I'm out of sympathy for JWs!

Pioneers, pioneer because that is the only way they can get some kind of recognition in this silly cult!

Stupid is as stupid does!

• heyfea
    heyfea

I have heard many times in the meetings that those who can afford a car should aim to buy a car that would benefit not only your own family but also some of your brothers and sisters. Meaning, buy a big enough car, like a van, so you could pick up those who did not have transportation, or those who are studying, etc. Great idea with today's gas prices. I wonder what would they say now a days if a brother bought this car? They most certainly would call him SELFISH, not smart. Idiots!

smart fortwo aznom

OH, btw, I have seen this many times when people want to say 'same as above' but it's wrong. It's not Ditto; it's dido.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

heyfea, I'm seeing more of those Urkel cars around town....save at the pump, and park wherever you want, sure....but watch out for the guy with a lifted truck who's about to slam into you!!!

• M.J.
    M.J.

I was hearing some dub banter about how they will get/take over the most incredible houses in the "new system", when I realized, "they are just as materialistic as anyone!". It's just that they are taught that for the present they need to wait for 'rewards' and sacrifice rather than indulge in 'rewards" in the meantime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit