Pioneers who SNEER at those who have "Meterial things" Pathetic!!

by Witness 007 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

For all the scriptual advice/talks that are given on materiallism and enviousness, I've never seen a group of people that almost compulsively dwell on materialism and enviousness...

• wizardca
    wizardca

I was 18 just out of high school, working full-time, going to a local JC part-time and pioneering. eventually my head started to explode and came to the realization da truff wasn't the truff. so i started fading...did the whole made-up monthly hours...all 90 of 'em. lol. so i resigned as a peddler of crap. i also bought a USED car. was accused of being materialistic b/c i bought a car and therefore couldnt pioneer. the car was well within my means. yet it was ok for an elder to drive around in a new Lexus and Mercedes. uh, double standard anyone?

• JK666
    JK666

why,

This was my ride as an eighteen year old JW. (I am a little older than you)

alt

JK

• logic
    logic

Most of the pioneers I know could not pioneer without the help of those of means. I actually do not know of any pioneer that does not get help from others. I am sure that some have their own means I just never met any of them. Usually pioneers can't take care of their own affairs so they think they can take care of other peoples affairs. Most of the pioneers I know and have known ,and I am 61 years old, have all had some kind of mental problems, and definetly financial problems. I think they pioneer for the status thing. They can be better than others in least something.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

At one point I was the only one of five siblings who was working fulltime. It was the cause of some serious guilt and shame on my behalf. I was constantly needled to become a pioneer and eventually gave in. I lasted 8 months, and HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. The whole pioneering thing is a scam.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

of course, one way to make yourself feel better is to put down other people doing exactly the thing you wish you could do. Sour grapes. I'll tell you one thing I learned as a child of a desperately poor family in a congregation of folks with more comfortable lives. That it's important to share. Even a little bit of money would have helped my mother and us so much. No one helped, we went on struggling. So now, when I have some $$$, I share it with single moms who are working and struggling to keep their kids alive. And they are definitely not JWs. Also it is one reason I never wanted to have children - I didn't want any child to suffer the way we did. Fucking religion.

• justified
    justified

Isn't it funny how we all experience the SAME things while being JW's?

My husband was accused of neglecting us (his family) by our PO because I went back to work in order to buy a new car. The PO said that since my husband had a motorcycle he rode to work, a 1970's Camero he bought in 2001, that my husband must be spending all our money on toys therefore the need for me to go back to work.

Of course, the PO had no idea what he was talking about especially since I had not accused my husband of this.

My husband asked him if he knew how much money made? Did he realize that both the motorcycle and the Camero were paid for? That the motorcycle saved us money in gas for him to drive to work? That he got the Camero for $300 cash? Of course the po had to answer NO to all the questions. My husband proceeded to tell the PO that we hadn't had a car payment in 10 years and we didn't go out and buy a Mercedes like the PO had, we bought a modest car (Mazda Protege). He also made it quite clear that buying this car was taking care of his family.

The PO had nothing to say about it after that.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

When I was in the JWs I lived in the Chicago NW suburbs and we used to go to places like South Barrington and Inverness where the houses were huge and expensive and two blocks apart...and we would sneer at THOSE people and make fun of them having material things but "no hope" and how much HAPPIER we were because we had Jehovah in our pockets and were going to live in those big fancy EMPTY houses after Jehovah killed all those nasty rich people at Armageddon.

Its disgusting. Im ashamed I ever thought like that.

The other thing is...I dont recall anyone making fun of Michael Jacksons riches, or Prince or the Williams Sisters and their BIG BUCKS. All I ever heard was bragging that they had celebrities in the Borg. Like if Michael Jackson believed it it would bring all HIS followers in WITH him. NOT!!

Just another great place to pick up kids eh Mike?

• jaydee
    jaydee

'''Hortensia'''

thanks for sharing your story.

''Fucking religion.''

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TreadClimberMaster
    TreadClimberMaster

LovesDubs, you are so right. I remember hearing and participating in such disgusting banter. Since I stopped going to the KH, I have been the happiest and most contented in my life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit