What's the crap with the" NEW LIGHT"???

by paybacktime19 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• paybacktime19
  • John Doe
    John Doe

When a bulb burns out, you have to replace it.

• caliber
    caliber

Old King James version.....

Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth........ 2 Peter 1:12 expression "present truth" was popular in the days of Russel and Rutherford ..a faulty translation of this Bible verse to

to the explain a difference between past truth and present truth........ From this we evolve to new light and old light ! A every handy verse when

you need to explain a unexplainable change in teaching such as 1925.. generation change etc .

Caliber

• Terry
    Terry

You can make up alot of non-testable doctrine using the Bible as a jumping off point.

But, not if you stray into End Times.

Why?

The test of "Truth" is always that it has to match reality.

We all live real lives in a real world and daily affairs put our beliefs about life to the test.

Constantly basing the JW theology on current events and tying them up with predictive prophecy creates an enormous TENSION.

Sooner or later, the friction between "...soon...near future...very near...imminent..." and the big NOTHING which follows explodes in a fractured disproof which falsifies all that has been built in.

NEW LIGHT is the plausible deniablity factor.

You paint yourself into a corner and can't admit you are a fool. What do you do? You paint a door and open it!

Cartoon logic!

The Governing Body has often painted itself into implausible assertions of "fact" which turn out worthless. How do they get out of it?

In the past they hedged their bets by gradually backing away, shading the hard facts and creating "outs'.

Cartoon theology doesn't get trapped as long as it can invite the braindead through a cartoon door in the middle of nowhere.

The "This generation" disaster was avoided after so many fudge factors were built in no other exit was possible.

Instead of simply admiting they had preached, taught and emphasized a false belief about End Times linked to people alive in 1914, the Watchtower painted a new door in the middle of a brick wall and walked right through. They call it NEW LIGHT.

Those who walk through that imaginary door are called "faithful" and obedient. But, they have become cartoon christians instead.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"New Light" is a codeword meaning "we can't make you believe what we said before, so here's a new heaping helping of God's 'latest truth'."

It's rather Orwellian. Truth is whatever they say it is. And it can change whenever they say it does.

• oompa
    oompa

the crap to me is that it just keeps on shining!.....the never ending beam.............oompa

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

MORE new light, huh?

ESTEE

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Progressive (new) light = making it up as we go along…..

The light gets brighter and brighter until……. puff………the light blows out…..

Where did the ‘generation’ go. Ohhhh, that’s right……..their all dead……

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's another way of saying that they don't want people to get all the light at once. Which is what happened to me the first time I visited an apostate Web site.

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

Terry, you are awesome !! I asked my mother about 1975 and she said oh we have new light on things now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit