Can you get disfellowshipped for anything?

by Solace1998 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, having a difference of belief would not be loose conduct--it would be apostasy. And yes, you can get disfellowshipped for that.

If the hounders give you "counsel", even if it is not from the Bible or even from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, and you ignore it, what you have done was subvert the headship of the congregation. Which can be made a judicial offense.

All they have to do is give you counsel that directly contradicts the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. If they clash with a known judicial offense, you will get put out either way. Either you will subvert the leadership of the congregation by going by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, or you will subvert the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger by going by the hounder's counsel. And that counsel can be something that directly leads to a major "sin", which would be another no-win situation.

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

I knew a brother that was married and started having "feelings" for another sister in the hall. He went to the elders and that was a big mistake. They came down really hard on him and he lost his temper---disfellowshipped for having a bad attitude. I knew the family well and no wrongdoing was committed.

Majority rules in a JC also. If one elder disagrees with the disfellowshipping the other two can overide it. Sounds like politics huh?

Meow

• changeling
    changeling

Techically, no. In practice, yes.

The official standing is that you are not disfellowshipped for your actions but for your attitude. If they deem you unrepentant, you are toast.

changeling :)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

almostbitten:

from I've been hearing and reading in here, you could be DFed for cracking a fart.

OK...I once served as an elder..I just posted I never want to serve on a JC or be an elder again..but can I sit on that committee?

It is possible to be DF for almost anything....if you have been given repeated "counsel" over lesser crimes....it escalates to "loose conduct" (of course, if its a fart, something else is loose....) because of refusal to listen to the elders. Or because of 2 combined lesser crimes....it escalates...

Hmmm...if the Society can make up a drama about Scolios...maybe I can too.....I can hear the committee meeting now {cue strumming harp remembering type dream music}:

Cast of Characters

Brother George Self-Righteous: 40 years an elder, most as PO, JC Chairman. Runs the congregation with an iron fist. Not to be questioned.
    Brother Joe Blunt: Long time friend of George. Tends to be outspoken and to the point....He and his wife Sister Blunt are the worst gossips in the hall. Likely news of this JC will be out before the ink on the S-77 is dry.
    Brother Timmy Timid: New elder just graduated from MTS and recently assigned here. Put on the committee to give him "experience". Elders know he wont speak up against the other two, if he speaks at all.
    Brother R. I. Stinky: Long time JW, elderly, has an affection for White Castle. Known as a canterkous old coot who does what he DAMN well pleases.

Setting: In the Green (in more than one way) Room at the Kingdom Hall (aka Elders Room)..praryer has been said...niceities are out of the way....

Brother SR: "Brother Stinky, do you know why you is here?" (as he covers his nose with a Vicks soaked handkerchief).

Brother Stinky: "Why no, Brother Self-Righteous, I dont. Why am I heerah?" (as yet another SBD [silent but deadly] fart eminates from his a$$, about to waft over the nose of 3 unsuspecting elders.)

Brother SR: (in a muffled voice): "Well, Brother Stinky...its...ummm.. ummm..its like this.." (as he is sweating having to say what has to be said)

Brother Blunt: (coughing loudly now) "SR..just spit it out. Brother Stinky... your farts are killing...gag...gag...damn..did you just let another one?.... killing us...and we want to know if you are going to stop it or not?"

Brother Stinky (in his back woods drawl): "Really?...I never noticed...my wife never said nuthin'... "

Brother Blunt: "Stinky...you are an abomination. You fart at the meetings..you insist on sitting in the center of the auditorium......we cant assign you go to a book study in the home....no one wants to work in the field with you because you keep the windows rolled up...what ARE you eating?"

Brother Stinky: "not much...I just get me some White Castle for a little snack before the meetin'.... "

Brother SR.... "no wonder!!...they dont call them 'Belly Bombers' for nothing... cant you wait til after da meetun to eat them thangs?"

Brother Stinky: "its all we can afford and we are running behind from work tryin' to get to the meetin'..."

Brother Timid: "...I think Brother Stinky is a nice brother."

Brother Blunt: "...BOY....shut up 'n' listen...only reason YOU is here is because the CO said we gotta give you experience....you can read a scripture at the end."

Brother Timid: "...oh....OK..." (as his eyes roll back in to his head from the fumes of the most recent emmission from Brother Stinky...passing out....as useless before as after)...

Brother SR: "Now...lets get down to business. Are ya gonna stop eating White Castle before the meetuns?"

Brother Stinky: "Well...no....nothin' in the bible that says not to..."

Brother Blunt: "Oh...did you look at 2 Cor 7:1 like I told ya to?..it says: 'let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in God's fear' ...do you have no Godly Fear (TM) Brother Stinky?...you is definitely defiling the air in HERE."

Brother Stinky (getting a bit hot under the collar now...): "Well you dont have to be THAT way.... and I AM going to keep eating my Castles...and if you dont like it too bad."

Brother Blunt: "George, I dont think he gets it, he keeps doin' it after we has all talked to him a dozun times...this is loose conduct....refusal to change at the whims..I mean ...refuses to listen to us God appointed elders."

Brother SR: "Brother Stinky..please excuse yourself..we need to chat a bit and we will give you a decision..please wait outside the KH."

Brother Stinky slowly gets up...with a wicked grin on his 85 year old face....lifts his leg..and rips the most atrocious fart the circuit has ever heard....then quickly waddles out...knowing even he may not survive this one.... laughing..shaking his leg.....

Four hours later...a decision is reached...3 hours, 45 minutes after Brother Stinky left the room, the elders awakened from their methane induced coma....paint peeling from the walls....and old faithful Brother Stinky, publisher for 80 years... was disfellowshipped from the Mt. St. Helen Congregation...where an eruption of another kind took place....

The Kingdom Hall was deemed unfit for habitation by the Regional Building Committee and razed. It was never rebuilt...oh...they TRIED....the concrete never cured properly for the foundation of the new building...something in the soil on that particular corner of the lot....hmmmm ...the congregation relocated across town. The old site is now on the EPA's Super Fund list. Watchtower Society is fighting having to pay for clean up costs....something about being broke from having to pay for pedophile settlements or something....

Brother Stinky and his wife can still be found at White Castle these days...along with his other foul bellybomber munching friends....... ...though now with a jar of beano...at Mrs. Stinkys insistence.....

just been waiting for a fart thread to unload that shit short story...

Snakes (of the "probably should be DF for that story" Sheep Class)

• iamthewolf5562
    iamthewolf5562

haha.

So true. If elders want you gone, then you're screwed..

Things you could get DF'ed for.....

#1Eating lucky charms (lucky is an evil leprachaun. just because he has delicious cereal doesn't make him less evil)

#2Being a woman and showing up looking attractive.

#3Learning the art of war, also known as playing chess.

The list is infinite my friend, because it's all make believe:)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Things you could get DF'ed for.....

#1Eating lucky charms (lucky is an evil leprachaun. just because he has delicious cereal doesn't make him less evil)

#2Being a woman and showing up looking attractive.

#3Learning the art of war, also known as playing chess

LOL ! Well, if you did the any of the above things with an unrepentant attitude, I'm sure they'd nail your butt.

I remember hearing a circuit overseer (back in the day) counsel against playing PAC MAN !! It encouraged an aggressive "dog eat dog" attitude. (I wish I was kidding.)

• yknot
    yknot

Well there is several ways to skin a cat.......

My old PO like the 'causing divisions' clause because he figured he could apply it to any and all forms of conduct. opinions, or appearances.

But much like well used mantra ....check the WT publication and don't for get to review updates.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I knew a fine sister who was DF'd for getting married. He marriage was legal. She was scripturally free. He was scripturally free.

The Sin? He was DF'd. I asked the elders how they could do that? I was told that she has 'thrown her towel in' with one who had left Jehovah.

What a crock of shit.

Jeff

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

YEP.................for anything and for nothing. I was df'ed for lying, slander and to seal it............loose conduct. non of which were true! Cheers, Bliss

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

BI:

YEP.................for anything and for nothing. I was df'ed for lying, slander and to seal it............loose conduct. non of which were true! Cheers, Bliss

I was once reproved and removed for something to do with a cinnamon roll..... I didnt steal it..............long, pathetic story....not as much fun as the fart story...Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit