Help me give a reply to those who are taunting me.

by moomanchu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• megs
    megs

Jesus also referred to God several times as "Abba" which is an even more intimate term, rather like a child calling his father "daddy"

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thanks for the replies.

I'll write up a return e-mail to my ex bethelite special pioneer brother.

Thanks again

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

God I'm lazy here's my reply...... plaaagarismmmmmmmm

How could some one be 100% sure that god's name was removed from the NT if we do not have the original? All that are left are copies that date back to the 2-3 century.

What do the earliest original Greek manuscripts of the New testament show ? ( hint - Jehovah's name wasn't there - please check it out) The WT inserted Jehovah in the New testament. I wouldn't want to be them or support them.

Rev 22:18 Here is my warning for everyone who hears the prophecies in this book: If you add anything to them, God will make you suffer all the terrible troubles written in this book.

If "Christendom" was able to remove god's name the most sacred thing in the bible then how can we be sure that they did not remove anything else?

Aid to Bible Understanding, Watchtower Bible And Tract Society, 1971, pp. 884, 885.

By combining the vowel signs of 'Adho . nay and 'Elo . him' with the four consonants of the Tetragrammaton the pronunciations Y e ho . wah' and Y e howih' were formed. The first of these provided the basis for the Latinized form "Jehova(h)." The first recorded use of this form dates from the thirteenth century C.E. Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book Pugeo Fidei of the year 1270. Hebrew scholars generally favor "Yahweh" as the most likely pronunciation.

As you can see above the use of the word Jehovah began with the Catholic church in medieval times. And this is quoted from the WT own literature.

Jesus did not call God, Jehovah, but Father, a much more intimate term.

Jesus also referred to God several times as "Abba" which is an even more intimate term, rather like a child calling his father "daddy"

Is it respectful to call one's father by his first name?

http://www.thearmchairscholar.org/id50.html

Thanks again

• JK666
    JK666

I know it is after the fact, but what is worse?

Removing the name?

Or adding it 200+ times in the Greek Scriptures where it NEVER belonged?!

JK

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You could ask your special pioneer brother if he thinks that smug little sound bites like that are likely to draw people to jehovah or turn them away. It's arrogant and patronizing. Not exactly what a true shepherd would be, eh? Not loving, not forgiving, not generous and patient and kind. Just smug.

• heathen
    heathen

I think worldy andre has come up with one of the lamest excuses to avoid using Gods personal name and omitting it from the bible . The first commandment is jehovah is to be worshiped exclusively , so it is important to know and use the name .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit