In search of Clearlake, Ca.

by rekless 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

I do know the Mongies, oops no I don't, there were some Mongies in Mississippi.

Daniel went to SA and we did meet his wife in Clearlake.

Steve was the baby boy of the family until their little girl Lisa?? came along.

Jim and his family was very nice. Didn't associated with many in the congo, guess they still had a little Orthadox Russian religion running through their viens.

David was the next to the oldest--moved to S. California got married and left the org @ least fell away at that time.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Dan, Sorry that you got chewed out for using the American Standard Bible. I started using other Bible translations in my talks in 1970 when I got a copy of the New English Bible. However, I always made it a point to introduce which translation I was using before reading the Scripture. Interestingly there were a number of JWs who would come up after the talk and ask about which Bible translations I was using. Some of them would comment that the verses which I read from the other Bibles were so much easier to understand when compared to the NWT. The NWT's wording is so wooden. I hated it when the NWT uses the term "system of things" when the original Greek word "eon" actually means "age" or "era." I forget the Scripture, but where most Bibles say "the end of the ages," the NWT says "the end of the systems of things." That must have been a term Freddy Franz invented.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit