In search of Clearlake, Ca.

by rekless 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

Anybody from there yet?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I've been there for a weekend vacation but didn't meet anyone.

Are you looking for old friends from Clearlake?

-Aude.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I never attended the congregation in Clearlake, but in the 1970s and early 1980s I gave several Public Talks in the KH there. Wasn't there also a Clearlake Highlands congregation?

• rekless
    rekless

THe 70's and 80's I was there and serverd as an elder with the Gill and Jim

Nazaroffs, and Joe Sousa, and so forth.

Dan Kley, Erv Kley

Dan Walker of Clearlake Highlands had a son with Leukemia

• uninformed
    uninformed

were the Bill Carrie's in that cong?

I learned to ski in clear lake in 1957

Brant

• Briguy
    Briguy

Know most of those names. Grew up in Santa Rosa and have active family in the clear lake area. Attended meetings with a few you mentioned.

• rekless
    rekless

My name is Dan Walker lived in Cl from 1972 -1978 then returned in 1980-1999.

The name Bill Carrie sounds familiar., but we had so many coming and going it is hard to remember.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Dan,

I probably met you back in the 70s. I was the brother who used all the different Bible Translations in my talks. Also used non-Watchtower books to prove a point or two. But that was the 70s during Watchtower Vatican II. Things changed in 1980 and I left in 84.

I knew the Nazaroffs. Gil was always prominent at all the Circuit Assemblies. Jim gave a talk in our congregation about his travels in Chile. I also knew Joe Souza, we worked together in construction one summer. He was always reading the Watchtower during the lunch break. It seems he was an elder in Healdsburg for a while.

• rekless
    rekless

athganasius,

I remember that because after that I got my butt chewed out because I used the American Standard Bible during my next service meeting part. "I was told you have to announce which Bible you are reading from."

Joe went on to be a CO somewhere in Massachusus??sp I hear.

I was one of the non-elitise elders. I wasn't California smart.

Anyway it is nice to talk to somebody who knows the same people and places.

• Briguy
    Briguy

Was in Jims Cong. with his sons. They are all in the Santa Rosa Area now. Nice folks and were always really kind. His oldest (cant remember his name now) went to south America and married a sister from down there and is a Elder in the same Cong. Steve his middle son is married and a MS in the same Cong.

Dont know if you know the Snyder's or the Mongie's or the Browns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit