Thanks for the welcome

by BonaFide 10 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Thanks so much everyone for being so supportive.

I am having an increasingly difficult time giving my parts on the meetings, going in service, and shepherding. The WT study is so.....controlling? that I have a hard time studying that too.

When I am with my friends and family it seems like they are very judgmental as well. The absolutely unfathomable thing is...they don't realize it. They talk about how much love there is in the organization and happiness, then they ignore all the depression going on. The same with judging others, even the WT says not to judge, but they do judge on people's clothes, privileges, its just crazy. It's like "we are right because we say we are, therefore everything we say has to be right. And the worldly people are wrong no matter what they say or do."

I am not sure if this goes on a new post or if I should have added these comments to my first post. I can't use my own computer or post every day.

Anyway, thanks again everyone. I read your comments several times. Wow, what stress, no sleep hardly, crazy.

BonaFide

• FreudianSlip
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Sorry I missed you last time around....

Welcome to the board...it is not easy when the light bulb starts to turn on...but I hope you will find

the support and information you need here, to make the journey easier.

Cheers!

hope4others

• Emma
    Emma
    they are very judgmental as well. The absolutely unfathomable thing is...they don't realize it. They talk about how much love there is in the organization and happiness, then they ignore all the depression going on. The same with judging others

I went through this thought process, too. I remember listening to my mother and sisters dis one person after the next and realized all the judging and depression the borg was steeped in. this was one of my "awakenings" or ah -ha moment. It can be difficult and scary, but once you know the truth, it's hard to go back. There is life, real satisfying life, on the outside. You'll be OK but it may be a bumpy ride!

Welcome to the board!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Hang in BonaFide

Keep pushing forward
    It's not easy getting out

It's far better than staying in

You have a whole range of emotions to go through

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

They talk about how much love there is in the organization and happiness, then they ignore all the depression going on.

Self-hypnosis in a mob mentality is a powerful thing...

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    I am not sure if this goes on a new post or if I should have added these comments to my first post. I can't use my own computer or post every day.

This forum works a little differently from others. I think what most here do (at least I do), is to click the "Active Topics" -link close to the top of the page. This dispalys all the topics that have had a reply recently. Whenever someone posts a reply to a topic, that topic will be "bumped" to the top of the 'stack'. So by clicking Active Topics, it's quite easy to stay up-to-date (although sometimes it moves real fast in here).

For you own posts, you can click your own name and there you'll find your personal post and topic list (the ones you have made). Then you'll quickly see if anyone has posted to your topic recently, and when it happened.

Welcome again.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome Bone, Backbiting is one of the most distructive activities we can engage in on a personal as well as collective level. Most of us have become desensitized to it and accept it as part of life, but it we get away from it whether intentionally or by default, it is a shock to our system to hear it again. After leaving the borg I married into a family that practiced very little denegration of others and when I went back to visit my JW family it was hard to be around the constant criticism of others. Even our electoral process of campaigning is a form of negative behavior that we think is "good for the country" when in fact it has devolved over the passed few decades into a divided nation that cannot heal its wounds using the same partisan system. Thank God the religion I have joined specifically forbids backbitting, electioneering and campaigningl. I am free to investigate reality for myself without engaging in derrogatory and condemnatory dialog. I hope you do well in your investigation of the truth about the "truth"! carmel

• yknot
    yknot

Life without WT blinders is a shocker!

The need to vomit once you realize how manipulative the material is common.

That is why many who are 'trapped' in the borg come here for some mental relief.....daily

Once you decide you course (fade or trapped) you will find 'playing the game' becomes easier.

Your critical thinking will increase and you will cut through the BS so fast it is scary. The WT approved answers will jump from the page.

Suggest 'pleasure' reading....Steve Hassan's Combatting Cult Mind Control

For some comic relief read Kissing Hank's Ass or view the Youtube version adapted by Max Blonde

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

The link for 'Kissing Hank's Ass' is not active.

Here's another one: http://www.jhuger.com/kisshank.php

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit