Resurrection Hope - People in the Future who think they have lived before

by VM44 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

They resurrected will be just like us, only with an evil goatee.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well it has been twenty years since I left the dubs, but didn't they preach that the resurrected ones would be like the angels and not have sexual desires?.If so , I can't think of a good reason to be resurrected.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Leolaia, good to see you pop in here. I hope all is going well.

Yeah, in that clip I linked to from The 6th Day the antagonist (can't remember his name), after being shot, struggled to get himself cloned and perform a memory/thought transfer to the clone while he still had the strength to do so before dying. The clone then sits up, thinking he just got shot then turns to the dying man and realizes it was him who was shot. He gets up and starts taking the clothes off the dying man. "Aren't you going to wait til I die?" he asks. "Would you?" replies the clone.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Well it has been twenty years since I left the dubs, but didn't they preach that the resurrected ones would be like the angels and not have sexual desires?.If so , I can't think of a good reason to be resurrected.

Heh. If sexual desires are your sum reason for living, might as well die now.

• lilybird
    lilybird

BurntheShips,, My comment was meant to be a little tongue in cheek, but I think most people would agree that life without some human closeness is not as enjoyable. That said,,, I was expecting a sensible comment to a legitimite question, thanks for your input anyways.Sorry I don't mean to change the topic of this thread!!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BurntheShips,, My comment was meant to be a little tongue in cheek, but I think most people would agree that life without some human closeness is not as enjoyable. That said,,, I was expecting a sensible comment to a legitimite question, thanks for your input anyways.Sorry I don't mean to change the topic of this thread!!!!

Just pulling your leg lilybird. Sex is good stuff.

• V
    V

For those who still think the WT is teaching a Biblical teaching...remember there has to be a connection.

In the Bible, the body is the connection. "All those in the memorial tombs will get up" Literal meaning of resurrection=raise up the body. This applies to Lazarus, and exemplified in the Judeo-Christian tradition of preserving the body.

Otherwise the connection is the spirit and/or soul that links to the next life, either in heaven or future physical body.

JWs disregard both connections and thus sever any ties to the previous self. In this way they are the only belief system to do this.

What about the teaching that Jehovah remembers everything about you? That fails as cloning. God could make as many copies of you or only one, but that person would not be you--no connection, not the original etc.

Trivia challenge for those still in: Discuss which is the more accurate term for JWs: "resurrection" (raising up) or "reincarnation" (new body).

Even more interesting is the fact that JWs worship a clone as King--that's right, Jesus (the original) is gone and a copy reigns in his place!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Jesus, lazarus and others are examples.

What is harder for God to do (Given that he is the creator) to create life or to resurrect the dead?

Really, without argument the Bible teaches resurrection of the person. It would hardly be the person if his memory or personality was not their own when resurrected.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I guess I was really really indoctrinated!

I never thought about the how of resurrection because I was going to survive Armageddon.....

Curious if the wages of sin is death, then why are we judged after death?....

Who knows but I am enjoying this thread!

• VM44
    VM44

Watch this video containing two old Iomega Zip Drive advertisements and tell me if you think the "Backups", Jeb, Bo and Fred, are really the same as the originals.

Have the originals been brought back? Or are they gone forever?

http://live.indiatimes.com/videos/iomega.html

Edited to add direct link to video.

http://live.indiatimes.com/videos/iomega.wmv

"You gotta Zip it - Or risk ending up like Jeb, Bo, or fat fred !!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit