you can not store your own blood?

by paybacktime19 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

then if your arm gets cut off it is wrong to have it put back on. (there is blood left in the arm)????????????

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I have a rare blood type.

My personal physician told me; autologous blood transfusions.

That I go to a 'specific' place: to donate my OWN blood before a specific procedure.

Yes, across most of North America: United States and Canada, probably Mexico.

If you wish; or if you have a rare blood type, you can donate your blood.

For me, A-Negative is not pouring out of open wounds globally.

So, IF...I need an operation that requires blood: I can donate my own.

BUT...I have a friend who has the same blood-type; 2 of my younger brothers have the same; but they do NOT live in Toronto.

SO...I have to ensure I have MY own red stuff; I also have a resource (my Scottish gal friend).

Cheers!

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

thank you . what I was getting at was the whole blood issue the( JWs) say once the blood is disconected you cannot put it back.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, I'm not sure if the arm-severing experiment will hold much water. I think we can work on a better argument. What I always wondered, if it is all right for Jesus to shed his blood for all, and indeed many are invited to partake in it, why can't I voluntarily give my (literal) blood to save another?

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

The arm thing I am comparing to the blood and blood fraction issues ,my thought is no blood means no blood.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It's a no-no to store your own blood, but it's permissable to use extracts from others' stored blood. Go figure.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Okay, paybacktime19. You made a good point. It was very graphic and
    not very funny. Now, just put the arm down and walk backward out of the
    room so nobody gets hurt.

You will pass out within a minute without stopping that bloodloss. Once you
    pass out, we can attach your arm. Just don't do anything foolish.

Just think of the external arm as an extension of your body. The blood is still
    inside the extension, so it ain't a big deal. Or just think how we don't have to
    tell anyone, especially the elders. "What's that scar on your arm?" "This old
    thing? It's nothing. I had a tattoo removed when I became a JW."

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

allright listen up, my mother said she will die before she takes any blood ,so I ask well why cant you store your own blood she said once the blood is disconnected you cannot put it back thats what made me think well what happens if a limb gets cut off because a real JW is going to think that way.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You are correct. They will think that way.

Thanks for contributing.

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

I just wanted to see if I am crazy or she is she said well now that you said that I could not have my arm put back on.( wow ) what do you do with that????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit