If your spouse is going to be resurected why remarry?

by paybacktime19 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

these beliefs arent really solid -- because the bible isnt clear on it. So witnesses do the best they can, but they recognize they dont really know

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

"Maybe they can sign up with the rebellion and fight in the Clone wars."

the rebellion wasnt in the clone wars

noob ;)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

This one belief really did a number on my mom. My dad was killed when I was about 7-1/2 years old. My mom was still young - could've gotten remarried... but chose instead to look forward to 'the resurrection' - when she could see and be with her husband (my dad) who would be resurrected.

Even though... she knew that she wouldn't be able to be 'married' to him anymore... she still looked forward to this reunion.

Of course... so did my siblings. They looked forward to when their 'dad' would be able to walk them 'down the aisle' - when they got married - in the 'new system'. *rolls eyes*

So... two siblings... the last two that live at home... long after my mom has passed on... are still celibate... still waiting for the big A.

Regards,

Jim TX

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This reminds me of a recent Watchtower study. People were making comments on a picture in the magazine. In the picture an old man is looking at a picture of a woman. Someone made a comment that he was looking forward to the time when his wife would be resurrected. I turned to my wife and said, "Um... it won't matter because the dead supposedly don't marry."

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

the anointed are higher than angels, so no go on that comparison

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

This was one of the beliefs that troubled from the age of 6 or 7 - i would have nightmares about it. I found out upon questioning the whole ressurection scenario, as kids will, that if dad died that we would all have to live in a different house from him in paradise because my dad and my mum wouldnt be married anymore. It disturbed me beyond belief - I lived in terror that something would happen to one of them. I couldn't believe that Jehovah would be so mean and heartless. Now I know better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit