Update about Ray and Cynthia Franz, by Request!!!

by tooktheredpill 12 Replies latest jw friends

• belbab
    belbab

Commentary Press is Ray Franz.

Around 1991 another brother and I from Canada, went to Atlanta to help Ray Franz construct a garage/storage facility, shipping facilities for storing his books that he authored. To get the best rate for printing he contracted to get the greatest number printed.

He had his office packed from floor to ceiling with boxes of books, with no place to move around.

We spent ten days there and finished the building to a point where he could complete it himself.

Each day he would receive e-mails from people from all over, he always shared interesting informationn with us.

The experience of those days are imbedded in my memory.

belbab

belbab

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Any updates on Cynthia Franz? Ray and Cynthia were so kind and hospitable to me when I was at Bethel.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I heard about his first book in the New York Times. Altho I was out of the Witnesses a while, I ordered it immediately. My mom lived with me and we kept fighting over custody of the book. We dropped all else to read it. It was an epiphany. I tried so hard to fit into the Witnesses b/c of family but my brain could not accept their crap. The book was confirmation that I was not crazy. My mom knew most of the people mentioned in the book. She verified a lot of stuff b/c the book jogged her memory. We should have sent him a note.

Reading that book was a turning point in my life. It ranks up there with C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters for me. What truly impressed me was his lack of bitterness. He gave so much for the Witnesses. I hope he knew what an impact he had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit